11.

2 Months Later...

KAYLA

Ever since my brother's death life has been silent for me. I'm doing fine I guess. I really don't anything anymore. I stay to myself and don't talk to anyone or even Grace she doesn't know about his death but I assume she'll find out sometime soon.

She's starting to show and she's been wearing  larger clothes. Kaylee is talking more. Joseph is out doing him. My mom has been happier since the funeral which is fucked up, and she's been bitter to me. It's gotten to the point where she says anything out the way too me about the littlest shit. And she's been beating on me more often.

Jerry has gotten more aggressive. He starting to act the way Joseph did when he raped me. I don't like it, and I've been keeping my distance. I've started driving my car, and stuff. I decided to put Kaylee in daycare. Since Ken knew one of the girl's mom she decided to give me an discount, so instead of $390 a month, I pay $130 a month.

My car was recently took to the shop because something was wrong with the breaks. So I have to take a ride with Jerry. I grab my backpack going downstairs.

I get in the back and buckle my seatbelt up. Jerry pulls off. "Why are you in the backseat like a dumb ass?!" He asks sounding pissed. I shrug my shoulders. See that's the shut I be talking bout. They be on my ass about the smallest shit.

"Get to ass in the front!" He hisses. "No" I say. "You belong to me Kayla! We've been together for years now and you haven't gave me nun!" He semi-yells making me scared. Is his happening again? Please let him be joking.

He pulls into the dirty, dark alley that we usually pass when we're going to school. "Bring your ass here!" He yells teaching over the seat and snatching me before I could even make it to the door. "I gave you every thing so your gonna give me my pussy!" He yells climbing to the back.

He gets on top of me trying take my pants off. "Get off of me!" I yell stabbing him in the leg with the purple blade he gave me. I stab him in his lower stomach and kick him off of me.

I try to open the door but it's on child lock. I punch the glass and climb out of it. I strike out running to my school. It's not the far from here.

I busted through the doors in tears. Everybody eyes go to me. "Omg! Kayla what happened!" Grace yells running over to me. "Help me!" I yell dropping the bloody blade out my hand and breaking down crying in my hands.

The counselor and principle along with some guards rush over to me. They took me into the office. I told them to try to get my mom on the phone. "Hello" she says in her white gurl voice. I start explaining what happened, and she hangs up on me.

I break down crying again. I call Grace's mom so she can come pick me up before Jerry gets here. "I'm on my way!" She says after me explaining everything to her.

I'm at her house with Grace. Ms. Gracy comes from the back holding the house phone. "I just got off the phone with your mom. And she said that you were coming on to him and that you tried to ruin their relationship." Ms.Gracy says sucking her teeth. I can tell she's mad.

"I can't believe her!" I scream crying even harder. "I know it's not true. And I also know he did try to rape you. If you wanna stay with me you can I'll call the police on his ass right now. But it's your call" she offers. I shake my head no. "I don't want to cause any trouble" I say

The doorbell rings multiple times. Then someone starts banging on the door like there trying to break it down. "The hell" Ma.Gracy says rushing to the door. She opens it. "Where the fuck is my daughter!" I hear my mom scream as she pushes herself in.

"Bring your ass on!" She screams yanking me by my arm. "Kayla if you need me you know my number you hear me!" Ms.Grace says. "She worn be calling you for shit" my mom says getting in her face. When we got home she started beating on me right when we got in the door. Jerry just sat there smoking his blunt with a smirk on his face. He had stitches I guess cause he was here instead of at the hospital.

My mom was literally beating me like I was a hoe off the street. She punches me in my face again throwing my head into the stair case. She's acting like my dad now.

She walks out the house with Jerry like nothing ever happened. It's like she tried her best to kill me or something. I would run away but I barely have the strength to walk. This is horrible. I climb up the stairs. I hear Kaylee crying. I look back at the big puddle of blood my mom drew of me.

I go into my room, to hear Kaylee crying. I cut the light on and she stops crying and pulls the cover back over head. Kaylee is a mess.

I go into the bathroom and clean myself up. I stayed up all night because I was scared Jerry was going to come in again. I see the door knob start to twist. I grab my lamp off the desk. Auntie Jackie walks through the door.

"What the hell!" She yells looking at me. "What happened!?" She asks rushing over to me. I break down crying all over again telling her what happened.

I get woke up by screaming. I limp out my room going to see what's happening. I see my Auntie Jackie and my mom and Jerry downstairs yelling and going back and forth.

I see a lot of Jerry clothes on the ground at the door. "I told you before you moved him in hat if he caused these kids some problems that he was gone have to leave!" Aunt Jackie yells. "She is trying to break us up he didn't do shit to her!" My mom yells.

"You beat her over a nigga! Regardless if she was lying or not lying he should've left!" Auntie Jackie yells pointing her finger in my mom's face. "What the fuck ever!" My mom yells back.

"I'm so fucking disappointed in you! This is why you got beat everyday by your man because you don't listen!" Aunt Jackie yells. My mom draws back and slaps her. She holds her face. "You and him get the fuck out my house! Now!" She says pointing to the door.

My mom grabs Jerry's hand and rushes out the door slamming it. My Auntie Jackie signs while running her fingers through her flat ironed hair. She looks up at the stairs making eye contact with me. "You okay?" She asks. I nod my head. She nods coming up to me.

"I'm gonna take off of work today so I can be here with you" she says hugging me. I nod. I can't believe life is doing this too me.

I pull away and go into my room. I close the door. I grab my journal.

Jerry:
attempt of rape
tall
dark skin
gold tooth
low cut waves
green contacts
brown eyes
black glasses
ABN tattoo

-
-
COMMENT
-
VOTE
-
Luv you, bye❤️
-
-