62

( unedited )

Dan Howell

Every trace of argument has been forgotten in the bright nine am sun struggling to shine through the blinds, and I push my body closer to Phil's, tucking my head further under his chin and wrapping my arms tighter around his waist. My hands dip under the fabric of his shirt, his skin warm against my fingers and I sigh heavily, forcing my eyes open.

Phil is still sleeping, all his hair pushed back and off his forehead and his eyes shut softly, eyelashes making a point to rest on his high cheekbones. His chest elevates and falls in a gentle rhythm, making my head move along with it, and I stretch as much as I can in his tight grip before rolling on top of him and pressing a few kisses against his cheeks.

"What a pleasant surprise," He mumbles, his voice scratchy and laced with sleep as he brings his arms around my waist, parting his legs so my body can lay more comfortably on his. "Good morning," He opens his eyes, squinting them together for a brief moment so he can adjust to the brightness and then proceeds to make my heart skip a beat with the warmest smile.

"Morning," I mumble, suddenly shy under his blue gaze and burying my face in his shoulder, his fingers travelling up my spine and stopping at the nape of my neck, softly playing with my hair.

"Are we still skipping uni or. . ?" Phil questions and I look at him, before nodding my head.

"Yeah, still taking you out," I smile at him and he giggles, leaning forward to press a small kiss against my nose, immediately making my cheeks flush at the adorable gesture.

"Alright, get off me then, let me call PJ to let him know that I'm skipping," He pushes against my chest to make me get off and I instantly feel the burn of jealousy. I hate that he cares about PJ so much but I can't tell him not to, his entire life doesn't revolve around me like mine does around him.

I can't help the scowl on my face and the drop in my mood as I get off him, and I'm mad that he doesn't acknowledge the change in my mood. I can practically tell what he's feeling by looking at his face but he just fails to give a shit as he reaches for his phone, pressing PJ's contact and putting the device to his ear.

"Hey Peej," He greets him and I roll my eyes, pulling the blanket up my legs and slumping against the headboard. I should really work on my jealousy.

"I just called to tell you that I won't be coming today,"

"No, I'm not sick,"

"Well I've just got some things to do and I don't think we're covering anything important today so I figured it won't be that much of a loss," It annoys me that he doesn't tell PJ he's skipping because he has plans with me.

"Yeah cool, later tonight?" What's that supposed to mean?

"Okay I'll see you, bye, take care," He ends the call finally and I let out an exaggerated sigh that makes Phil divert his attention back to me, his lips turning up into a small smile as he opens his arms for a hug. And of course being the idiot I am, I can't hold any sort of grudges against him, so I make a face and pretend to be hesitant as I cuddle back into his side.

"You look annoyed," He points out, turning to his side to face me and I roll my eyes, looking away. He better make up for what he's done—I mean technically, he hasn't done anything but I still feel jealous and PJ is just an asshole.

"What's wrong?" He asks me, a clueless undertone to his voice. Is it that hard to figure out why I'm mad? I shoot him an annoyed glare and move away from him but he pulls me back in place, rolling on top of me and pressing my body tightly against the mattress.