26

Dan Howell

Of course Phil would be my partner. What a great day it is so far. I make my way quietly back to my seat, and don't look at Phil. Why the hell did Phil have to be my partner? I hate this.

I decide to just discuss the details with Phil outside class as he seems pretty busy with his new friend. I look back for a moment, taking a sneak peek at them, and they seem too invested in their conversation to notice. Why doesn't anyone talk to me that was easily? I know why, because I am a dick.

The class gets over after the stupid professor reminds us about our projects and gives us another homework of reading the script of an old play. It is written in old English but isn't very difficult to understand so I guess that won't be a task.

I watch as Phil walks out, his bag hanging on one of his shoulders, his new friend following closely behind.

"Phil!" I call for him. He stops and turns around to face me. He doesn't have that warm look in his eyes or the slight flush in his cheeks that he usually has when he speaks to me.

"What do you want?" He seems annoyed for some reason. What have I done to him?

"I was wondering about the project," I trail off and he rolls his eyes. What is wrong with him?

"Text me and we'll decide where to go," He says and begins to walk off. I shrug and begin going in the other direction when I realise I don't have his number.

"Phil wait!" I call again and this time his annoyance is clear on his face.

"What Dan?" He basically barks and I lower my eyes at him.

"What's wrong?" I ask him, dipping my hand into the pocket of my jeans and pulling my phone out.

"Nothing is wrong," He spits. He begins to turn around again but I grab his wrist in my hand.

"I don't have your-" I begin but he jerks his hand away. What has happened to him all of a sudden?

"Don't touch me," he practically growls.

"Jesus Christ, I don't know what the fuck is wrong with you but I don't have your number." I raise my hands in front of me in defence and hand him my phone. He looks a little cute when he's angry. His eyebrows are knitted together and his lips are in a little frown, making him look far less intimidating than he's trying to. I watch as he punches in his number and hands my phone back quickly walking away.

--

I actually think this chapter was shit sorryyyy