7

Phil Lester

I push a straightener across my fringe as I let out a yawn. I couldn't sleep last night. I look at my bed to see PJ snoring without a care in the world, and I roll my eyes at him. He was adamant on getting to know what happened last night and I had to lie to him saying that I had got diarrhoea. Yes, I know I am an idiot.

"Peej, get up. We'll be late for university." I shake his arm after turning the steaming hot device off.

"I'm calling in," He stirs in his sleep.

"You're missing classes again? Are you serious? I'll call your mum." I threaten him.

"Shut up Phil, what the hell. Okay I will come by our second class." He groans. Me and PJ had almost all similar classes except he took physical education and political science where as I took drama and psychology.

"If you don't show up I will call her." I warn him and he nods.

"I am locking the door as I go, the spare key is in the topmost drawer of the dresser. Can I trust you with that?" I ask him. I am probably annoying him, but I need all the reassurance. He is a forgetful guy.

"Oh my god Phil, yes, okay I got this. Will you get out?" He huffs, burying his head into the pillow and pulling the comforters up.

"Right, bye." I call out as I check my face one more time before, going to the kitchen and quickly downing some coffee.

After five minutes I am waiting on the bus station, a sleeve of crackers in my hand from the vending machine I saw, and my earphones pushed inside. My chemical romance music fills my ears as I climb the bus and take a seat to the window side. I am tempted to drift off any moment, I should've just taken sleeping pills last night. I huff in annoyance and eat my crackers. They are bland and have a weird after taste to them. Great, just what I needed.

When I reach uni, I am ten minutes early. Thank goodness. I walk slowly to my first class. Art. I like art but I don't think I have any creativity brewing inside me at the moment. I don't want to accidentally run into Dan whatsoever. We do share drama and art, but we never really interact so I hope he forgets about last night. I think he won't remember, considering that he was drunk. I could basically smell the alcohol radiating off of him.

When I enter the class, there are already some people sitting inside working on their easels and I take a seat in the middle, after going to the back of the room and grabbing mine. It is incomplete still, I was trying to draw a small section of the galaxy and all I have done till yet is a set of asteroids and a small planet. I really am slow when it comes to art, but I would consider myself above average.

The bell rings and more and more people start filling up. I am not very social so I don't know anyone except PJ in this class. I know Louise, but she has been missing a lot of classes lately and we share only this one class.

"Alright, I think everyone is working on their projects? Please remember you have to submit it by the end of the week which is four periods from now. I will just let you be and please raise your hand or come to me if you've got any questions or you need any help." Mr. Porter states. That is what I love about art class. It is the most informal class ever and I feel comfortable in it.

Just as I begin layering colours for making the background of my galaxy, a familiar voice sounds throughout the slight murmuring.

"May I come in, Sir?" When I look at the door, Dan is standing wearing a black t-shirt with stars across the neckline and black skinny jeans.