Forever

'Hey Dad'

'Hey kiddo.' Alec replied sharpenning his knife, his thoughts on the fight he and Magnus had yesterday. It was the same old problem issue of him ageing, and someday death as Magnus will have to go on living, only this time, it wasn't Alec worrying, it was Magnus.

'Are you alright?' Madzie placed a hand on Alec's shoulder. He turned around with a smile for young teenage daughter who had grown beautifully. 

'How was school?' 

'It was ok.' Madzie dismissed it, knowing full well that she couldn't tell her father what she had been upto.

'What are you big plans for today?' she diverted the question to his birthday. She had the perfect gift for him. She hoped it would work and maybe her fathers wouldn't fight anymore.

'No idea. Maybe dinner. What do you think?'

'Home cooked dinner?' she asked excitely. It wasn't often that Magnus cooked but all of them loved it when he did.

'Maybeeee.' It was Magnus who came from inside, done with his morning routine of makeup. It looked different from his usual black. There was pink and blue and purple in his hair and no matter how mad Alec was, Magnus was irressitable enough for him to forget all about it.

'I need these ingedients. Could you grab them?' Alec nodded, knowing full well that kicking him out of the house meant a party was coming along but he didn't say anything.

After Alec was out the door, Magnus stopped Madzie from skipping into her room.

'Not so fast missy. I know what you have been doing in there!' Madzie gritted her teeth and stopped.

'The potion is far to dangerous for you to cook. Besides it has repercussions which shouldn't be brought upon anyone.'

'But papa...' Madzie's face fell, 'you fight all the time over loosing each other. This could be the solution. We could have dad in our lives forever.'

'I know dear.' Magnus hugged Madzie and sighed. As much as he wanted Alec in his life, he couldn't risk his humanity for it.

'Magnus watch out' it was Alec flying in through the open window after a demon who launched himself directly at Madzie. But Madzie was quicker than Magnus or the demon.

She set a ball of fire straight at the demon. It struck his chest at the same time as Alec's knife struck him in the back. The demon shieked and split in two. Now hovering on either side of the room, the two demons launched themselves at Madzie again. While Alec battled with one, Magnus battled other, both encircling Madzie between them.

'Don't move.' Alec  told Madzie as she attempted to skip from the room. Madzie knew she could help she had never dealt with more than one small demon at a time. She watched as Magnus struck it again only for the demon to twist at the last moment so that Magnus' blow landed on his leg. As the leg split another demon formed in its place. Alec was by Magnus' side instantly. Madzie looked and the deamon on Alec's side of the room has already dessolved into nothingness.

They charge at it together, only for it to split again. Now the three demons were cornered in one side of the room but Alec and Magnus were outnumbered. Madzie knew she had to do something. She concentrated her mind on the flames in her hand and right at the demon's head. Within moment, all of them were set on fire. Alec and Magnus pulled back in surprise. Alec looked at Madzie but he could only open his mouth to say something before the dying demon made a wild strike at Alec's chest. The blade like arm went right through him spilling blood all over the wall.

'Alec'

'Dad'

The scream echoed through the room.