A Gift for Magnus

"So what are you planning to give Magnus?"

Izzy smirked at her brother. He looked all around him and said in a low voice, "I have no idea."

"But we are celebrating it in a week."
Izzy looked surprised. His brother was supposed to be sensitive and pro at gift. He always got everybody such good things.

Jace walked over looking at Izzy and Alec's expressions. "What happened?"

"He hasn't bought Magnus' gift yet." Izzy said loudly as Alec hissed. Jace smirked.

"That is so easy. Give him yourself." Alec made a face between exasperated and surprised. Jace only shrugged in return.

"Give him what you gave him last year." Alec blushed and walked away leaving his sister and parabati to wonder what the gift was. Alec had a new idea.

In the training room, he found Clary.

"Wassup?" He said without looking and Alec grunted.

"What's going on? You seem to be in a bad mood.. wait.. I mean, worse than your usual bad mood."

Alec only rolled his eyes. He preferred the sarcastic Clary over the whining one. He had thought of something but didn't know how to get it. Asking Jace or Izzy seemed out of question. He looked at Clary intently and thought, 'NO'.

He went to the library finding anything he could, any kind of guidebook. After spending three days in the library and with Magnus' birthday tomorrow, Alec was feeling desperate.

Clary walked in finding some history books to draw from and found Alec.

"I need your help." He said with desperation in his voice.

Clary nodded.

"I need to buy Makeup for Magnus."

Clary just looked at him for a few moments and then she laughed.

"Forget it. It was a bad idea anyway." Disgrunted, he started to walk away but Clary stopped him.

"I will help you. But you own me big time for this. No snarky remark!"

Alec instantly agreed. "Deal."

Clary dragged Alec straight into Sephora. Without his invisibility rune, Alec felt uncomfortable as all the ladies swarmed him.

After about over two hours, Alec had learned the names of all the eyeliner, hair colors and perfumes. And, they were still not done.

"I never knew there is a whole place dedicated to makeup." The lights in this place were too bright for his liking.

"Magnus would have a field trip here. I wonder if he ever came here or just whisked his makeup by magic." Clary wondered.

Alec just shrugged, pretty sure that it was the latter but he didn't argue.

After about two more hours, Alec had spent a whole lot than he expected on a small bag which was full of thing, half of which were glittery. He had also learned the many colors of nail paint there existed.

On the day of Magnus' birthday, Madzie got Magnus taking her to the park. Alec came along. As Madzie wandered off to play with other kids, Alec spoke, "Happy Birthday."

Magnus smiled at Alec and pecked him on the cheek.

"I.. umm.. got you something." Magnus' eyes lit up like they always did when Alec got him presents.

"Does Magnus like presents?" Madzie hopped back, asking.

"Don't you?" Madzie smiled excitedly.

"Do you want to open Magnus' presents?" Madzie jumped in excitement and held Alec's hand, ready to go.

"Presents. As in multiple? Plural?"

"Only one way to find out." Alec shrugged trying not to show his excitement. They landed, right inside his main room before a table loaded with presents but at the forefront stood a small package that said, 'Sephora' and Magnus literally screamed.

He hopped over to the package and named everything with a loud scream. Finally at the bottom he came across a sparkly perfume with a note attached, "Haapy Birthday. Love Alec"

Magnus teared up, turned around to look at his boyfriend. He knew full well how mich effort it must have taken foe Alex to come up with this.

"Happy Birthday." The room suddenly screamed coming out from every direction in the house.