First Meeting (Magnus)

"Know every time you throw a party, trouble comes knocking on the front door." Dotty shrugged swirling her wine.

"What's life without a little fun." Magnus leaned besides her flirting lightly. Dotty was always flirt and fun.

"And who knows fun better than the High Warlock of Brooklyn" Dotty leaned in close to Magnus, a few inches away from his lips. Magnus smirked, a little surprised that Dotty crossed the line a little this time. He wasn't complaining.

She leaned back in her place and smirked back. "Looks like your definition of fun is here."
I looked around to see 4 Shadowhunters walked in. I gritted my teeth at the sight of them and send a wave of calm across my audience before people start recognizing and panicking.

Shadowhunters do not harm Downworlders without reason but every many a time being a Downworlder was reason enough. As I walked towards them two things caught my immediate notice, Carly, the one Shadowhunter's daughter I used to wipe memories for. For a price of course.

But what caught my attention more than anything else was the pretty Shadowhunter walking in the flank with Carly and another blond male. The more I walked towards them, the more I saw him clearer.

One fine meat suit I must say! Hmmm! Flexed arms, tall frame and black unkempt hair.

I flicked my wrist to touch this group with another wave of calmness. They did relax, not much. The runes on their body were protecting them from magic to a certain degree but since I saved them from harmful magic, mine still did its job.

"New guests are always welcome to my party but I don't remember extending an invitation." I kept my trained on the likely problem, Carly.

They just stood there saying nothing and I stood there waiting.

"She can't access certain parts of her memory and the two things she does remember are the Shadowhunter mark and your face."

Time for problem-solving, I already knew that Carly's mother had gone missing but I didn't expect her to turn up at my place so soon.

"Follow Me" I gestured Carly to come with me and left while eyeing my favourite man one last time. Surprisingly, he was eyeing me too, maybe with a little frown.

As he walked behind us, I turned around and teased him a little,  "As much as I'd like to have you, it is best that we talk alone."

I told Carly the little everything I know about childhood. I also told her that uncovering her subsided memories would be painful and would come with a price. She told me a little how she found the Shadowhunters.

Suddenly Alec came rushing in through the door. I was evident that Alec and Jace were instinctive leaders. Alec a little more than Jace, maybe. 

 "So nice of you to catch up!" I stood up to greet the beauty of my interest. And while I was solving a problem there was no harm in just a little fun. It is not like I would ever be with a Shadowhunter. 

I smirked and asked Alec to follow me.

I turned around and Alec barely caught himself from falling on me. Hmmm, him on top, not such a bad idea. He took a step back and I looked him over once again. Many of his runes were visible and Black complimented him really well. I wonder...

 "What is it that you want?" He asked with a straight face. Business face!

"I think you know what I want!" I moved a little closer to him and looked up to evidently land my eyes on his lips. That was not a part of my plan. His lips looked soft. Before I could start wondering I other things I looked into his eyes.

  "I- I don't know what you are talking about!" Alec blinked rapidly and gulped, a little fear and confusion evident on his face. His eyes wandered to my lips for a moment as I took a deep breath and looked at me.

This surprised me. He was gay, bisexual at least. I took a step back, not meaning to put him at discomfort. A gay Shadowhunter is something you don't see every day. This guy had unintentionally peaked my interest in him.

 "But you do."  

I decided to introduce myself properly this time.

"Magnus. Magnus Bane." I introduced myself. 

"Alexander Lightwood." He took my hand a little warmth spread through me. Saying that for a warlock is a big thing. We don't get cold easily, with all the magic and heat coursing through my veins.

"Take care of your friend there. She is important." I told him to look over Carly, I trusted him to do so. I turned around and repeated his name. I like the sound of it.

"Alexander." I liked that better than 'Alec'. Alexander suited him better for some reason.