Will you.... move in with me?

Magnus had waited long for this moment. Everything has to be perfect. He had everything planned out. It was time to pop the question he had been waiting to ask Alec for a while now. Magnus' heart thudded as Alec walked in the door.

"I thought it was our anniversary celebration," Alec noted looking at the empty house as he walked in and then at his own clothes which were a few different shades of black and comparatively new, judging from the lack of holes and loose threads. He had traded up his black jacket for a black coat.

"It is." Magnus smiled, happy that Alec had dressed up and facepalming internally that he forgot to mention that it was just the two of them.

"It isn't a party." Alec intended to sound like a question but it came out as a statement. Magnus smiled and strutted over to his boyfriend. Magnus loved to tease Alec.

He stood just an inch away and looked into his favourite eyes. "Do you want it to be?"

Instead of blushing, Alec filled the gap and snaked his arms around his boyfriend. "No. I like this better."

Alec pecked Magnus lightly on his lips before moving to the corner of his mouth and sucking on it slightly. Magnus' toes curled up as his eyes rolled back and shut to enjoy the moment.

Magnus loved it when Alec didn't hold back like today. It was rare. Alec slowly licked the corner and moved to Magnus' jawline dragging his tongue along. Magnus made a deep rumbling sound and Alec pulled back to look at his boyfriend.

Alec loved it when Magnus looked turned-on. Magnus opened his eyes and they weren't yellow yet. Alec felt a little disappointed. He wanted to get that reaction out of Magnus that Magnus got out of him.

"As much as I would like to continue this. We do have a celebration." Magnus' voice sounded low and husky making Alec happy again.

Alec smirked slightly and stepped back.

"But first," Magnus pulled Alec back closer and kissed him deeply, full on the lips. They stood there until having to pull apart in need to breathe.

Putting his head against Magnus' Alec smiled.

"I could do with just this celebration." Alec's voice was raspy. Magnus smirked cocking an eyebrow, making Alec blush.

"What have you planned?" Alec tried to change the subject and Magnus let him.

"I like this celebration better too but first some dinner." Magnus smiled and turned around leaving a red-faced Alec.

Magnus created a portal and held out his hand for Alec to take. Together they walked through.

Magnus thought, if he swept Alec off his feet, he would agree. So far it seemed to be working.

"Wow" was the first words from Alec' mouth. A canopy to white tuberose just took his breath away.

"You like it?" Magnus asked nervously. Alec didn't answer. He was busy absorbing the small restaurant. The one table in the room was covered in black cloth and two chairs were huddled together. There was a single white tuberose in the centre surrounded by silver coloured dishes. The walls too were covered in a peculiar shiny black cloth in various patterns. Some of it looked like Magnus' work. Alec knew that Magnus's took special care to leave the gold and glitter out.

Alec finally nodded. He felt his love for Magnus growing. He looked at his warlock and found that nervous look he always felt. He dipped his head and kissed Magnus sweetly pouring all his love. He tapped his pocket and wondered if Magnus would like his gift. He felt nervous.

"This is beautiful Magnus." Alec smiled.

"Is it time for the gift yet?" Alec asked.

"You got me something?" Magnus' eyes lit up with excitement. He loved it when Alec gave him gifts. It didn't happen often which Alec decided to change.

Alec nodded biting the inside of his cheek. Magnus held out his hand and Alec silently pulled out a small rectangular box from his pocket and placed it on the warlock's hand. Magnus frowned slightly and opened it. Magnus smiled with love at his boyfriend and didn't know what to say.

"I.. You are giving this to me? A... Shadowhunter rock? A.. A Witchlight?"

"Ummm..." Alec's face went red and Magnus' heart thudded.

"Is it a replica?" Magnus asked, trying not to let the sadness get to him but Alec caught on.

"Oh. No.. No.. It's original. It's.. umm.. It's just that. This one is mine. I want you to have it." Magnus stopped breathing. Alec trusted him, Magnus, with one of the most sacred and magical object in the shadowhunter world. Even the world's oldest warlock couldn't hope to achieve or unlock that bond or magic that a witchlight holds with the shadowhunter. It was considered an angelic bond. Complex magic.

"Oh, Alec!" Magnus hugged his boyfriend and itched to give him the gift that he had planned. Alec sighed and a smile made his way to his lips. There was only ever one shadowhunter who shared his witchlight with a warlock. Alec had read about it and wondered what Magnus would think about it.

"Ohk. Time for the dinner or else I may end up taking you to bed." Alec blushed and pulled himself away.

They chatted and laughed for a couple of hours, even talked about the powers of the shadowhunter rock. It was time for dessert and Magnus was starting to worry about what Alec might think of his gift. He even planned it so that Alec would get a kick first and then the real surprise would be more acceptable. Magnus really really wanted a 'Yes'.

After putting the desert aside Magnus turned to Alec. "Time for my gift," he covered up his nervousness with a clap and a happy expression.

He snapped his fingers and an envelope and a box appeared on the table. Alec looked at it curiously as an uncertain idea made his way to his mind, he gulped and picked the box.

"A..ahm. First the envelope."

Alec picked the envelope which had a glittery heart on it. He rolled his eyes and smiled opening the envelope.

There were a few cards, Alec kept flipping them while Magnus gawked his reaction.

"Will" Alec's frown deepened.

"You" Alec held his breath.

"Move" Alec frowned in confusion.

"In" Alec smiled as he guessed the phrase.

"With" Alec looked at Magnus, still looking at him with anticipation.

Time to tease Magnus, just a littlr, Alec thought.

"Me" Alec frowned again

"?" This time Alec looked a little angry. Magnus mind ran a million miles a minute as all the reasons for Alec to say no tumbled down his magical brain.

Alec looked up angrily at Magnus and then at the envelope but he couldn't hold it in anymore. He stood up and so did Magnus, within a moment, Alec swept Magnus off his feet and held him up by the waist kissing him.

"Yes. Absolutely!" Alec screamed and Magnus sighed in relief. He then laughed and kissed Alec back. 

"Wait a sec. You did that angry thing to scare me." Magnus cocked his eyebrow.

"You did that 'Will you..' on purpose as well. Also using the ring box. Only fair." Alec shrugged and Magnus smiled at his boyfriend. Surely Alec had come to know Magnus enough to know that, that was on purpose.

Alec put Magnus down and Magnus picked up the ring box. Opening it, he offered it to Alec. Alec picked up the small key.

"This is mine." Alec smiled.