A Date in Tokyo (Magnus)

This chapter is their Tokyo Date in Season 2. The one they portal back from, in episode 7.

Alec came by, exhausted from his day's work of hunting. This week had been far worse. He barely called, rarely texted and dropped by once but left immediately on a hunting business.

It's been three days and I have been trying not to worry sick. I didn't want to let it show. If I showed him I cared too much, it may freak him out.

He opened the door and walked in slowly, rubbing his neck with his eyes closed. "Sorry. I had to leave so suddenly. Some demons were collecting in a nearby city we didn't want it to get too big. So.."

His words died out as I looked at his cuts and bruises fading. Even with the healing rune, it could only get so far. I was so pissed and focused on his bruises that I pulled a table in his way.

Having his eyes closed, he stumbled a little and his eyes flew open in surprise. Demons, demons and demons.

"That was never here." He looked at me puzzled.

"I guess you cannot trust anyone these days." I said pushing the table back in it's place. With magic of course.

This made Alec look at me and realisation dawned on him that something was wrong.

"Is something wrong?" he asked, sitting in front of me.

"Rise and shine!" I said sarcastically and went back to reading my book. I had been holding it like this for an hour without reading when Alec walked in. He always took his life so lightly, never thought how I'd feel if something happened to him.

"Are you angry with me? Why? What'd I do?" Alec asked anxiously and came down on his knees so that we up close and in level with me.

I sighed and shook my head resting it along his forehead, "Nothing."

I closed my eyes feeling reassured that he was hear now. I opened my eyes to see that half a smile hr always pulled. I knew Alec wasn't the most receptive guy but I knew he had been trying.

"It's just seeing you leave every time and this time you come back with... this." I pulled back and gestured at all his bruises.

He sighed and I stood up about to leave. I couldn't see him like this.

"Hey." He stopped me and hugged me from the side.

"I can't promise that I will always come back in one piece because this is my job and this is my life but I can promise you that I will be careful. I will come back each time, no matter what."

He hugged me tighter and rested his chin on my forehead. I relished in his promise not feeling completely reassured.

He pulled away folding his hand behind his back like always, "How about we go on an actual date this time? Not just grabbing drinks but an actual date!"

My mind flooded with so many ideas and I smiled at him mischievously. "I love that idea."

I kissed him on the chin and pulled back, "What do you have in mind?"

He thought for a moment and then smiled, oh how I loved that smile. "Whatever you say! 24 hours all up to you."

An idea took hold in my head, I loved it. "Anything I say?" I couldn't hold back the glint in my eye.

Suddenly loud giggles filled the apartment and I rolled my eyes. Having Jace for a roommate wasn't that big of a deal until he ended up disturbing us.

"We are leaving now." I nodded my head, clicked my fingers twice and we were both ready for the date. I looked at him, nice! A body hugging rustic red shirt that spelled "Take out" and a pair of blue jeans. Simple and quirky.