First Meeting (Alec)

"We are going to more trouble for a mundane than she is worth!" I told Jace. He shook his head.

"She is worth it. I am telling you. Just trust me and for a fact, she ain't a mundane for sure. I head the chairman talking to her." Jace told me firmly and I didn't argue. I know what was going on here.

I may be secretly gay but Jace was always straight. Sooner or later, this was gonna happen sooner or later. Surprisingly I wasn't as hurt as I thought I'd be when that happened. It was this moment. Jace might not know it yet but I did, Izzy did too!

Izzy looked at me and went ahead and followed Carly inside. I sighed and followed Jace. Izzy and I took our flank positions while Carly foolishly looked around. I saw the one person I knew in this party, Magnus Bane, the warlock.

I saw him flirting with some lady. How do I know him? The last time I went on a solo mission hunting down a demon, I landed at a party just in time to see the warlock, Magnus Bane getting the job done. He had just damned the demon to hell. I didn't know Warlocks did that. I thought they did business with demons. Not wanting to stay longer than necessary, I left the place.

The girl he was flirting with, looked in our direction and I looked away. I didn't realise I was checking the man out while he was flirting with a girl. I smiled at myself internally but kept a watchful eye for any threats.

I remember when Carly described the face she remembered, I immediately recognized it to be Magnus Bane. The other two didn't question how I knew that and I didn't answer.

I looked at him when he reached us. He wasn't looking at me and I took the opportunity to take him in, painted nails are what I noticed girls and them the many many rings he had on. He was dressed up a little too blingy for my taste but he did carry it well. The guy wore eyeliner for angel's sake.

I rolled my eyes and looked around if other Downworlders were getting edgy at our presence. Surprising no one gave us a second thought. A few looked our way but looked away dismissively. I was uneasily at ease.

I looked back at Magnus talking to Jace as he took a step forward. His movements were graceful like a woman's but at the same time powerful and casual. He wasn't posing a threat. I looked at him again. His suit was ink blue with beautiful and intricate patterns drawn on it. He looked absolutely stunning in his Emo mood. I wonder how he looks without all the jazz. He even had some shiny stuff on his face that women use. His suit fitted him well at his waist and I could barely see from where I stood how well his butt fitted in his pants.

He asked to follow Carly. He turned around and looked at me not so slyly with a smirk playing on his lips. Irrespective I took a step to follow Carly in. I wouldn't let the mundane go into unknown territory. I signalled the other two to stay and keep watch.

He had only walked two steps when he turned around and looked at me.

"As much as I'd like to have you, it is best that we talk alone." He may have meant it something entirely different as he looked at my eyes and held them there. I noticed his' looked pitch black in the dull lights of the party. Were they? I wondered. Weren't warlocks supposed have animal-like eyes.

He looked me up and down one last time so quickly that I almost missed it. His eyes were making me nervous. Did he know? Could he tell?

He walked away and I was left self-analyzing. I never did the tiniest thing to portray any stereotypical gay behaviour. I didn't know I had any! I have lived years mastering to mask my secret. No one knew! Not even the closest person to me, Izzy!

"Hey! whatcha doing here? Didn't you go in with Carly?" Izzy tapped me on my back and I snapped back.

"Shit." I rushed through the door I had seen them enter. Magnus and Carly were sitting on some makeshift chairs.

The three of us rushed in.

"So nice of you to catch up!" He said standing up.

They must be done talking because Carly signalled that she got what she came for.

"Now that you know. I may be able to help. Come find me when you have something! Meanwhile, I need to talk to the pretty boy."

He told Carly and all of us looked at Jace who stepped forward puzzled.

"Don't flatter yourself Shadowhunter, I was talking to him." He told Jace and now Jace was looking at me puzzled.

I shrugged and followed Magnus out of the room back into the party. I was half smiling thinking of what Magnus said to Jace. He can be a little too full of himself when it came to his looks.

Magnus suddenly turned around and I barely caught myself from colliding into him.

Magnus looked up as I looked down at him. He was staring at my lips. I have never been this close to a man before. It made me nervous for no reason. I took a step back and he took a step forward.

"What is it that you want?" I did not back up this time.

"I think you know what I want!" he told me silently making me gulp.

"I- I don't know what you are talking about!" I said blinking rapidly to clear my hazy vision. He was too close for comfort now.

"But you do." He stepped back and thrust his hand forward for me to shake.

"Magnus. Magnus Bane." I already knew that but I didn't say.

"Alexander Lightwood." I took his hand felt light goosebumps on my arms. I was relieved it was dark.

"Take care of your friend there. She is important." with that he walked away.