Date Night: Bike Ride

Image Credit Twitter: Max_Maks_Art

"Let's go on a date, the first thing, when we get back." Alec had surprised Magus with a kiss in the Hall.

Magnus smiled at the memory, giddy with happiness. It had been two days since they got back from the war in Idris. He could never forget the hellish night. Magus wasn't a warrior but he had been reminded of the few face offs he had in his life, nothing compared this war.

He shrugged trying to find something to do to suppress the horrible memory but he didn't have to look far as he heard the knock on the door. Alec wasn't due to come over, he wasn't expecting a client and rarely anybody knew he was back. People were still sorting out business in Idris.

His heart dropped as the thought of something terrible happening entered his mind. He clicked his fingeres and flicked his wrist and there stood Alec Lightwood.

"Is everything alright? What happened?" Magnus freaked out, rushing to Alec's side. Alec smiled and Magnus visibly relaxed.

Alec leaned in from where was standing and kissed Magnus full on the lips. It still surprised Magnus how open Alec had become. Alec even surprised himself at how easy it was to fall for Magnus when he had allowed himself to. Magnus loved being surprised by Alec. It was a first for him and he would never get used to this, he thought.

"Let's go!" Alec took Magnus' hand, took one of his coats from the stand and started pulling him out of the door.

"Wait." Magnus pulled back and took his coat from Alec's hand and traded it for a fashionably better one.

Alec rolled his eyes and pulled him out shutting the door behind them.

"Where are we going?" 

"You'll see." Was all Alec said, Magnus was puzzled as Alec lead him upstairs.

On the roof, they were met with a long sexy motorbike that ran on demon energy. 

"Where did you get that?" Magnus whistled and Alec smiled.

"Borrowed it. Do you want a go?"

Magnus smiled, excited, "The last time I flew, it was on a carpet and I don't remember any of it because I was dead drunk. Two things I never did again. Fly on a carpet and get drunk to the point of blackout."

Magnus rolled his eyes remembering the irresponsible days but his smile vanished looking at Alec's fallen look.

For a moment Magnus thought and carefully said, "Thankfully, it is not a carpet."

Alec's face lit up but Magnus didn't wait. Rather he walked up to the bike and gestured for Alec to hop on. Magnus slid behind him.

"Where do you want to go?" Alec asked as he kicked the engine to life.

"I have no idea. Brooklyn Bridge?" Magnus said uncertainly looking at the first thing he saw from the rooftop.

"Alright." The bike jerked forward and Magnus clutched Alec's jacket steadying himself. The bike soared up and Magnus looked below him as the bike rose up in the sky. He wasn't particularly afraid of heights but the building rooftops passing below him at high speed made him a little woozy.

He resorted to looking over Alec's shoulder and found himself lost in the beautiful view of the lit Booklyn Bridge. Alec sighed and leaned back as Magnus rested his chin on his boyfriend's shoulder.

"It's beautiful. Isn't it?" Magnus whispered.

"You must have seen the world." Alec responded.

Magnus smiled, "Every thing is better with someone to share it with."

"I would share it with you."

Magnus smiled feeling the emptiness, he had lived with so long, leave him in that moment.

He remembered how he had hogged on Ragnor and Catrina whenever he felt lonely or wanted to have an adventure. If Ragnor was alive, he would be rolling his eyes at Magnus and grumbling about all the times he had been in love, Magnus thought.

He turned his head and placed a soft kiss along his boyfriend's rune on the neck. Alec felt goosebumps rise up his arms and it took all his concentration to hold on to the bike handles.

The invisiblity did some good to them as Alec weaved between the wires of the bridge. Magnus had a mini heart attack when Alec did it first. He held fast on to Alec's jacket.

"What are you doing?"

"Just hold me tight." Alec said with a slight laugh.

"If that is what you wanted you could have...." his words died in his throat.

"Alec." Magnus' exasperated voice was lost in Alec's laugh. Alec did it a couple more times but now Magnus has started to smile too. Then, quite unexpectedly he soared straight up. They were zooming up in an inclination , almost vertical.

This time Magnus laughed, along with Alec's contagious one.

After a few minutes of slowly gliding just above a thin layer of clouds, Alec spoke, "Where else do you want to go?"

Magnus was looking at the city, "It is like shining glitter spread over a black canvas. The view is so stunningly beautiful."

Alec smiled slightly at the comparison and changed direction to land on the bank of the river. Magnus didn't say a word, he just stared. As soon as Alec came to a halt, they slid down and faced each other, smiling wide.

"That was so much fun." Alec exclaimed. 

"Thank you for bringing me along." Magnus said in somewhat composer but a huge smile graced his face.

They sat on the bike facing the bridge just looking at the view, talking about their day. The topic soon turned to Idris and Alec remembered feeling the Magnus' magic coursing his veins, he looked at the back of his hand where the fading rune stood. Magnus turned his hand upside down and put it besides Alec. He laced their finger slowly and looked up. Magnus remembered when Alec had kissed him in public, his body had gone into shock. Then at the celebration, again. It was the first time they had seen each other after getting back from Idris.

Alec looked at Magnus's perfect lips and bent his head slowly and deliberately. If Magnus wanted to stop him, he could do it now. Magnus couldn't wait any longer and moved ahead to meet Alec's perfect lips.

A simple kissed turned out to be a full make-out as Magnus flung his arms around Alec in the next moment. Out of breath, Alec moved to Magnus' jaw and groaned as Magnus moved away. Magnus flung his leg across the other side of the bike, facing Alec.

Their lips found each other and hands found places to roam.