2. Letting the demons go!

It is time. Clary made a circle as Magnus kept up his work of pulling the demon to its original state. The demon changed backwards starting from Magnus and going back to himself. Many times, it turned into birds and animals, while other times into Shadowhunters and even Alec. Alec's eyes widened at that one.

"What?"

"I'll explain later." Magnus cut him off as he felt his strength draining. We swayed a little.

"You ok?" Magnus nodded at Alec's question.

By the time they were done sending it back to hell, Magnus was drained and dizzy. Alec thought it was time to make amends. He had only reached Magnus when the warlock fainted.

With training and swift motion, Alec caught Magnus. Alec felt terrible for pushing away Magnus. If he had only been a little considerate, Magnus would have told him that he needed strength.

Magnus woke up, still feeling dizzy, in the familiar surroundings of Alec's room. He tried to get up but his head swam.

"Hey. Hey. Take it easy!" Alec's smooth voice floated to his ears with a warm hand on his back and Magnus relaxed.

"You are cold," saying, Alec put a warm comforter over Magnus. Alec wanted to get closer, snuggle in but he held himself.

"Fuck it." Magnus heard a soft voice as he shifted to sleep, but not before he felt Alec's body next to him, curled up to lay a hand on his head and the other over his chest.

Magnus woke to the beautiful eyes of Alec

"Hey, beautiful." Alec smiled at his warlock. He had thought it out, how he wanted to make it up to Magnus but first, they needed to talk.

Magnus felt very self-conscious. Was his eyeliner smudged or running? Was his hair too messy?

"I must look hideous." Magnus pulled the covers over his head and heard a muffled laughter. He peeked a little to see his Alec smiling. Magnus sighed in relief and turned to his boyfriend who seem to be withering in pain not a few hours ago. Magnus felt like he could never get that picture out of his head.

"You look beautiful and I love you." Alec kissed Magnus on the forehead and the warlock sighed contently. Both of them were forced to remember the scenes they never wanted to witness.

"Magnus?" Alec looked down and caressed Magnus' cheek.

"Why... How did the demon take my form? What did it do?" Alec was worried that it may have done something to Magnus or Izzy, or Jace or anyone at the Institute for that matter!

Magnus stayed silent for a moment. He didn't know how to phrase it. 'The demon Alec broke up with him.' That didn't sound right.

"It... These... kinds of demons...  Usually, they tend to play with a person's fear and insecurities. That's the speciality of a shapeshifter." Magnus couldn't hold Alec's intense gaze anymore and it looked away.

"What did it do?" Alec wondered what did Magnus fear!

"I said, that... Let's just forget it. It is past us now!" Magnus sat on the bed and tried to change the subject.

"This must be the first time I have gone to bed fully clothed." He said looking down at himself.

Alec was having none of it this time, "Please Magnus. Tell me."

Magnus didn't mean to say it but words bubbled over faster than he anticipated. "He... It.. It looked like you.. felt.. felt. I sensed a demon but it's concealing magic was too strong. I didn't know it was a shapeshifter. I wish I knew. I would never have believed a word it said but nonetheless what it said was right. I will never be enough. Never be good enough. I have lived a dark life for too long. I am not worthy to be by your side. And even if by some miracle, you do let me be, one day, you will leave me, one way or another and I can't imagine another day without you, let alone another year, century or eternity."

Alec's eyes filled with emotions. He never knew, his confident, laughing and carefree boyfriend worried so much. Alec kissed him hard on the mouth as tears brimmed over Magnus' eyes. 

"I love you," Alec said with such firmness that Magnus smiled. He never knew his fumbling boyfriend could be the rock he needed to rely on.

"Even though I cannot see the future, I can tell you this. I do my best every day to come back to you. You are my family as much as anyone in this institute, even more than that. I could never be away from you. Even if someday, you leave me, I will be begging at your front door to take me back. I promise that we will live together for years until you get bored of me. I don't care for your dark past or any darkness within you. I love all of you, each part of you, even the darkness. After all, everything that you have been through has made you the person you are today and I love the Magnus today. As for living eternity, let's not get cocky! Ok?"

Magnus laughed at the last part and nodded but his heart tucked at some of the parts Alexander said. The part where he doubted himself. 

"How could he think that I would, could... ever leave you. Don't you ever doubt yourself? I love you so much that my heart aches being away from you every moment. I could never tell you enough how much I love you. It grows more and more every day."

Magnus bent slightly and hovered a little away from Alec. None of them has ever bared their heart before the other like this. Ever. It felt like a first kiss. Uncertain, wanting and desperate. Magnus felt butterflies in his stomach. For the first time in his existence, he knew what it meant.

Alec closed the gap and gently placed his lips over Magnus' parted ones and a warmth spread through his body.