"Archer, behave," Momma told him, putting one hand on his knee and gave him a stern glance. Under her command, he looked away, his jaw clenched and he bit his lip.

     "Trust me father, you do not want to know who it is," I murmured under my breath, my mind drifting to the prisoner in one of the cells, his scarred body and blood across his chest plagued my mind and I shut my eyes, trying to rid of the image.

     "When did you find out?" Momma questioned softly, her eyes turning from hard to a softer gaze as if understanding why I didn't tell them.

     "When the rogue attacked occurred," I muttered and saw surprise entering her face, something flashed into her eyes and quickly looked over to my father who looked as if he might kill someone. He nodded slowly, his eyes glazing over as my mother and father talked through the mate bond. My stomach twisted painfully, nervousness settling there as my parents came to a conclusion or some idea of who my mate might be.

     "He's a rogue," my father spat out with disgust, which earned a harsh slap from my mother.

     "It doesn't matter what his title is, that's our daughter's mate," Momma scolded him, a soft growl hissing in the back of her throat. I heard River snickered at my father's expression which was still red, but guilt across his face before it disappeared.

     "Not just any rogue father," River decided to comment and I immediately slapped him, murmuring a 'stop' before looking over to my parents. He didn't seem to take the comment to heart and gave me a glare.

     "The one in the cells," he decided to continue, ridding himself of any trust I had of him and I growled.

     "This is not your problem to tell!" I hissed at him, standing up and towered over him, furiousness coming through my pores as I felt betrayal come into my heart. Why would River do this?

    "Armelle, is this true?" Momma said in disbelief, disappointment clouding her eyes as I wanted to die in a hole right there. I knew it was wrong to keep this thing away from my family, but it was for their own good, if they knew, they would make me want to be with him, even when the consequences could be fatal.

     "Yes momma," I nodded glumly and I heard my father take a sharp intake of air, I winced at the sound, knowing he would be utterly disappointed and probably even mad that I kept this away from him.

     "This is the same rogue involved in the attacks?" I heard my father ask, his voice rough as he tried to control his anger which was evident in the room. I could feel the tension rising the air as his anger seeped out of his pores and into space we sat in.

    "Yes, that is why I didn't tell you, I couldn't let the bond threaten the entire pack. Welcoming him into the family could jeopardize our entire safety," I told them, finding the courage to speak up as I threw a pointed glare at my brother whose eyebrows furrowed in annoyance. 

    "So you decided to treat him illy? I heard you're currently starving him!" Momma exclaimed her tone rising the more words she spoke and anger clouded her face. I winced at the sight, knowing my father treated my mother terribly, as she did to him. She didn't want history repeating. Emerald began to feel ashamed of me, her little snout pressing into the ground as she whined out, telling me how she was right and I should've told my family sooner and treated him better.

    "He's got the information we need momma! We cannot let him casually walk around, he could tell his accomplices about us, get our secrets out through me! He won't give us information and he had committed several unlawful acts against us. He threatens our safety, he is our enemy at this very moment, I have to treat him like a prisoner, it is fair," I said, keeping my cool and my ground and sat up straighter, allowing the power I hold to slowly seep into the room.