Chapter 49

***5 months later***

My hands carefully stroke the brush against my eyelashes as I try to get impossibly closer to the mirror in front of me. Just as I am applying the last layer of mascara to my right eye, the bathroom door flings open behind me, causing me to jump a mile into the air. The black liquid smears over my eyelid, and I turn to face Harry with pure anger.

"Ooh, babe, you got a little something..." He trails off with a smirk, motioning towards his eye.

I sigh in annoyance but take a minute to look at the sleek black suit that he's wearing over the red button down that matches my dress I have yet to put on.

"You look nice." I compliment, turning back to the sink to grab the makeup remover so that I can fix the mess on my face.

"So do you." Harry's voice resonates lowly as he steps behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist that is only covered with a thin bathrobe.

His fingers fumble with the rope that's securing the fabric to my body, but I quickly thrust my elbow back into his stomach to create some distance so that I can finish my makeup without any more distractions from him.

"Is there any particular reason that you barged in here like a maniac?" I ask as he rubs his stomach, childishly pretending that my jab hurt him.

"No reason. I'm just excited. Today's a good day." He says with a certain level of happiness and enthusiasm that barely sounds like him. This causes me to set the mascara brush down on the counter as I turn to face him.

"Okay, something's up with you because I know for a fact that you aren't this excited because of the party tonight, considering that I had to pretty much beg you to throw it."

"Of course I'm excited about your party." His voice is laced with playful sarcasm that makes me roll my eyes, turning back around to face the sink as he mumbles under his breath. "That and the fact that I closed on the gym today."

With those words, I spin back around with a smile on my face that's as wide as his. "You closed?" I ask for clarification.

"About twenty minutes ago." He nods.

"Oh my god, Harry, that's amazing." I cheer, throwing my arms around his neck and knocking him off balance slightly. He takes a step back to catch himself, wrapping his arms around my waist and chuckling against my neck as I rest my chin on his shoulder.

Over the past few months, Harry has been trying to buy the gym from Kevin. He found out that Kevin was getting ready for retirement, and while he loves fighting there, he decided to put an offer down. Otherwise, Kevin was probably going to sell the property, and there was no guarantee that the new owner wouldn't tear the whole thing down and build something else.

So Harry's been trying to purchase the property, and he finally closed the sale.

"I'm so proud of you." I say, turning my head to kiss his cheek as he looks down at me in his arms. "And I have an awesome way to celebrate."

"Oh, do you?" He asks suggestively, getting the wrong idea as his hands move lower down my back.

"Yes. I heard there's this amazing New Year's Eve party tonight." He rolls his eyes when he realizes that I was not insinuating what he was thinking.

"You're a tease, you know that." He smirks.

"No, I think you're just easy." I shoot back, pulling away from him playfully.

"You know, you should probably go put your dress on so that I can rip it off really quickly before we go." He keeps trying, but as much as I want to, I have to shut him down again.