Chapter 15

My entire body shakes with excitement as Harry slips the key into the door of our hotel room. He pushes the door open and captures my hand, pulling me inside. There's a small lamp on the table in the corner that dimly illuminates the rest of the room.

It's a standard hotel room with a bed, a TV, a mini fridge, and a bathroom. I think it's pretty cozy but according to Harry, it's—

"Way too small." He scoffs to himself as he throws our bags onto the bed and shrugs his jacket from his shoulders.

"Harry, it's one night." I remind him, tugging on his wrist so that he's facing me again. I place my hands on his chest and lean up to press a small kiss to his lips.

"Mmm, not if you keep doing that." He mumbles against my lips. "I might not ever let you leave."

I giggle and pull away from him, making my way over to my bag that he carelessly tossed onto the freshly made hotel bed moments ago. My fingers unzip the bag and dig through to find the shorts and t-shirt that I packed.

"I'm gonna go change." I tell Harry, carrying my clothes into the bathroom and locking the door behind me. Just as I'm about to undress, there's a knock on the bathroom door. "What, Harry?"

"Your phone's ringing."

I frown, wondering who could be calling as I unlock the door and take the vibrating device from Harry's hands, closing the door once more.

Jessica's name is on the screen, so I answer it right away. "Hey, what's up?"

"Hey, Bells, do you have a minute?"

"Sure, what do you need?"

"I need you to go find the receipt from the landlord for the rent payment from the last month that I lived there. I think the date of it is December 12th, and it should be in the little file in the cabinet above the stove...unless you moved things around after I left, which is totally fine. I just got this weird notification from my bank telling me to double check that payment—"

"Jess." I cut her off, knowing that if I don't, she might never stop talking. "I'm really sorry, but I can't check it right now. I'm not home."

"Oh, okay. That's fine. Can you just do it as soon as you do get home?"

"That's not gonna be until tomorrow morning. Is that okay?"

"Ooh la la, spending the night at Harry's?" I can hear the suggestive smile in her equally suggestive question.

"Not quite. We're actually staying in a hotel tonight."

"What? Why?" She gasps in shock.

"We had to go back to his hometown for his grandfather's funeral." I continue to explain.

"Oh, that's terrible." She says sincerely before switching gears and gasping again. "Wait a minute, does that mean that you met his family?"

"His brother and his mom." I say with a sigh. This conversation is taking a little longer than I had anticipated, and it's simply because I keep adding fuel to her fire.

"Oh my god. You met his family, and now you're staying in a hotel with him."

When she repeats the things that I've already told her, I let out a breath a relief. The interrogation seems to be over.

"Do you realize what this means?" I guess I was wrong. The interrogation isn't over. She takes my silence as an answer before speaking again. "Spending the night together in a hotel is epic...especially in the sex category."

"Oh my god, Jessica." I say exasperatedly, praying that Harry isn't listening in on this conversation.

"What? I'm just saying. If you want it to be epic, you have to be epic. Turn the sex on, girl." As she speaks, I look over at the pile of clothes that I was planning on wearing. Nothing sexy about those at all. "What are you wearing?"