Chapter 34

HARRY

"It's all there, man, there's no need to count it." God, this guy talks a lot. This deal has taken so long simply because the guy just won't shut up. Every time he talks, I lose count.

And I every time I tell him that I lost count, he tells me that I don't need to count it. Well, clearly he's never bought from me before, because I always count the money. I've gotten fucked over before, and I like to figure that out before I'm driving away with a bag of counterfeit money.

"I never rip anyone off." He rambles, standing up from the couch.

We're crammed into the tiny back office of the club. Thomas knows the owner, and he made sure we could use the office tonight.

"And I especially wouldn't rip you off tonight. Not with your boss here and everything." He says casually, and my fingers stop flicking through the cash. I look up at him, glancing briefly at Thomas who looks confused too.

"What are you talking about, man?" Thomas asks, much calmer than I would have.

"Your boss...Smith...my boss told me to make sure everything ran smoothly tonight because he heard that Smith was gonna be here."

I cut my eyes back over to Thomas, but he doesn't make eye contact with me. How smart of him.

I figured that Smith had been monitoring me lately, but if he's physically at this club tonight, that's a really bad thing.

"Get out of here." I say to the guy, dropping the money from my hand and into my duffle bag with the rest of the cash.

"What?" He asks, probably confused by my mood change.

"It's all there, now get the fuck out of here." I repeat with more rage as he grabs his bag of product and makes his way out the back door.

As soon as he's gone, I turn to Thomas, grabbing him by the shirt collar and slamming him up against the wall. I do it with so much force that it knocks a picture frame down, but I don't care.

"What the fuck is going on?" I growl.

"I didn't know, Harry. I swear to god, I didn't know." He defends himself quickly, and I find myself taking a deep breath and loosening my grip on his shirt. "I had no idea that he was here. I haven't seen him."

Thomas continues to cover his ass as I release him and take a step backwards, trying to calm myself down.

"Is he here?" I ask, my voice dangerously low.

"I don't know." Thomas mumbles.

I know that he doesn't know. He's made that very clear. But that's not good enough for me. I need to know if he's here or not because if he is, I need to get the hell out of here. The last thing I need is a run-in with him.

In a matter of seconds, I turn back to my duffle bag of money, zipping it up and throwing it over my shoulder. I feel Thomas' eyes on me, but I pay no attention to his stare. I'm getting out of here right now. I make my way over to the back door, but my feet stop when I hear the door behind me open.

Music from the club fills the room as he speaks.

"You didn't honestly think that you were getting out of here without saying hello?" Smith's cool voice penetrates my ears, and I sigh before reluctantly turning around to face him for the first time in years.

He's standing in the doorway with his hands shoved into the pockets of his expensive suit. I'm not surprised to see two larger men standing behind him. He's always been one to travel with bodyguards. That way if anyone ever tries to go after him, he doesn't have to get his hands dirty.