Chapter 27

Harry and I step into our apartment with our hands clutching each other. Maverick hurries over to the door to greet us, and we both laugh.

"Someone missed us." Harry says, bending down to pet him.

"No. I think someone needs to go out." I correct him, grabbing Maverick's leash from the hook by the door. I stoop down next to Harry and clasp the leash around the dog's collar. "Come on, Maverick."

Standing to my feet, I give him a tug, leading him towards the door.

"I'm gonna hop in the shower while you do that." Harry says before heading down the hallway.

That's a good call. Usually after fights, Harry showers in the locker room so that he doesn't have to worry about it when he gets home. But this time, since Scott and Rebecca wanted to go out, he felt bad about making them wait, so he didn't shower.

I drag Maverick down the sidewalk as he attempts to stop and smell everything. I don't mind though. It's nice to enjoy the quiet, cool spring night.

After what seems like forever, the dog finally stops by a tree and does his business. The two of us make our way back to the apartment, and as soon as we're inside, I let him off the leash. He gives my hand a quick lick and then walks over to his bed in the corner of the living room to lie down.

Now it's my turn to get in bed.

I walk down the hallway, and I hear the water still running in the bathroom. I'm surprised that Harry's still in the shower because he's usually pretty quick. I tap twice on the door before opening it.

"You okay in here?" I ask, stepping into the steam-filled room.

Harry pulls back the curtain and sticks his head out. "Yeah, why?"

"I don't know. You're just taking awhile." I say with a shrug. "Just wanted to make sure that you didn't drown."

"No, I didn't." He chuckles, reaching his wet hand out towards me. "I was actually waiting for you."

"Oh, you were? Were you?"

"I was." He smirks as I place my hand in his. He pulls it quickly, yanking me over so that I'm standing right in front of the shower. "So, what do you say?"

Instead of answering, I simply giggle before bringing my mouth to his. His soaking wet hands move down to my waist where they grip the fabric of my shirt, lifting it up over my head. I continue to kiss him, while struggling to remove my jeans.

Moments later, I'm completely naked and he's guiding me into the shower, not letting our lips leave each other. As soon as my body is consumed by the warm water, he pushes me up against the cold wall.

I hang on tightly to his shoulders as he kisses my neck. His teeth nip at my sweet spot, and I tilt my head back, allowing him to bite down playfully.

Boldly, I decide to trail one of my hands around to his front, sliding down his chest and stopping at his hips. He bites down on me slightly harder as I grasp his length in my hand before rubbing him back and forth slowly.

"Damn it, Bella." He mumbles as he pulls his teeth away and places both of his hands on the wall beside my head to support himself.

It doesn't take long for me to get the best of him, moving my hand back and forth quickly and sensually. After a few heavy pants, his eyes squeeze shut and his head collapses forward, resting against mine.

I giggle at his vulnerability, since I'm usually the one in this compromising position, as I finish him off and pull my hand away. He quickly catches my hand, bringing it to his mouth and kissing my knuckles.