Part 10

I sat next to my dad because, I didn't really know the guy that stumbled into our house. "Arizona, meet Levi Braun." My mom said and that man waved at me. I could tell he was young, like in his 20s or something. "Hi Arizona it's nice meeting you." He seems nice I guess. "Levi, is the son of my manager when I was a singer." Dad said with a smile. My mom coughed and in between the coughs she said "our" then added, "oh sorry I must've caught a cold." She said and all of us laughed. "Anyway, Arizona can you show me how you sing." Levi said and I went to my room, grabbed a piece of paper and wrote something on it. When I came back, everyone looked confused and I handed Levi the paper. He read it out loud. This gave me an idea to sing out loud by auntie gabbie. "How you sing." He read. "I don't get it." He looked at me confused. "You told me to show you 'how you sing' get the joke?" I said giggling and laughing. He then laughed really hard. "Ok now I get it." My parents giggled and then my mom said. "How did you inherit puns? Lizas nor Stampy are not related to any of us." My mom laughed. "Anyway Ari, can I call you Ari?" Levi asked. I nodded. "Ok so take it away. What do you want to sing?" He smiled.
"Out loud by my dear auntie Gabbie." I smiled back. (Gabbie is actually one of my favourites). "I still taste your presence, once sweet, but it turned sour. Tried to shake your indifference, but it's too late now. I hear you in the quiet, I see you when I'm in the dark
You just couldn't fight for this, but it's not your fault." I saw everyone waited for the beat to drop. "Say What you mean out loud. Drowning in silence when I'm lost in the crowd. Cuz every sweet thing you'd never speak it deafening, never knowing what could be. Wish I could show you how, but you're just a ghost now." After I finished, the whole song, everyone clapped. "She's great at gabbies songs I must admit." Dad smiled. "They're east that's why." I turned to him. "Sing satellite please." Levi said. "I'm surrounded by stars. They don't hear me wishin'. It's funny how a crowded room, Can feel so damn alone. They can't hear my mind, Maybe they're just not listening. So I remind myself I'm better off on my own. Been standing on the edge for way too long, Just waiting for the place that I belong." Gabbie has a lot of beat drops in her songs and I love it. I also love satellite. "I'm a satellite. I'm a satellite. I'm on the outside looking in, they don't know just where I've been. I'm a satellite. Unless you let me in." I sang. Then the same thing happened as before. "Ari, for your age you're extremely talented. Just like your dad." Levi said as my dad smiled. "Hey why does Justin always get the credit, what about me?" My mom pouted. "Because you joined later, and dad made you who you are." I smiled. My mom took a slipper and threw it at me. I laughed. "Don't laugh this is a serious matter." She added trying to hold a straight face before cracking up. Levi was just laughing with dad, on the couch. "Hey what's so funny?" Me and mom said in a duet. They both wiped away their tears and went back to the subject. "Anyway, you will make a career and I'll help you with that. But right now all we you have to do is practice and write your first single." He smiled and I smiled back and then gave him a hug. We said goodbye to him and then he left. When he left, me and my mom, were jumping up and down screaming. "Hey what's all this about?" Dad said when he walked into the room. "Come my little dork come celebrate with us." Mom said. So dad came over and also started jumping up and down with me and mom.

When I was alone and everyone was busy, I was thinking about my first single. I kept writing words and then I kept rubbing them out. I thought that it was completely impossible. How did mom and dad write so many songs? It's so difficult. I thought and leaned on my hand. I wrote two line in like five days. Let me see you put your hearts up, yeah. Let me see you put your hearts up, yeah. I thought writing songs was easy. But apparently not. I keep writing something and then I'm like nah that sounds weird. Levi texted me yesterday that I should have something soon, so that I'll be able to record it and then start working on everything.