Part 16

I woke up this morning thinking about everything that happened yesterday. Was it a dream? Did it really happen? I checked my phone and the news. Yes, all of it did happen yesterday. But who was that guy, though? I was so deep in my thoughts that I didn't notice my dad walk into my room. "Morning Ari," he said. "Morning," I quickly said, then went back to my thoughts. "What are you thinking about?" He sounded concerned. "About that guy who looked like you, how does someone look so much like someone else even though he's not that person?" I put my head in my hands. I then felt my dad rubbing my back, which caused me to look up at him. "Did you know there are a few people in the world who look exactly like you?"He smiled slightly, and I saw a slight guilt in his eyes. Why? "dad? "Is there something you should tell me?" I said as I twisted my head in confusion. "Well, there's something I didn't tell you and your mom," he said as he looked down. Then he walked out of the room. "dad?" I was so confused. What is he keeping so hidden that he can't tell his child AND his wife?"DAD!" I yelled. My mom walked in. "What is going on, sweetie?" she asked in a serious tone. "Dad is keeping a secret from us." I rolled my eyes. "What do you mean?" You could read from her expression that she thought, "Yeah, sure, he's hiding something. I know pretty much everything about you, dad," "Mom, it's about the guy who nearly kidnapped me." In that moment, I saw dad walk in with a sad yet angry expression. His eyes were nearly black from anger, but you could see tears forming in them. "Arizona is right. I didn't tell you everything, babe." He sat down next to me and my mom. Mom gave him a kiss on the cheek, and he calmed himself down a bit. How does she do that? We'll never know. Anyway, let's go back now. "So yeah, the guy who caught you, I think I might know him." He looked down, and my mom tried to rub his arm as if to say, "Don't worry, it's fine. Just say what's wrong." But he just gently pushed her hand away. What's going on?! He never does that. What's got into my dad? I started to get worried. I looked at my mom; she was also starting to get worried. "Okay, well, when I was younger, I had a younger brother; I see now that he's still alive. But when he found out that I was moving to Los Angeles to start my career, he not only completely disagreed, but he didn't want to move anywhere. He became really aggressive when we got to our last days in Stratford. My mom stopped him. "What is his name?" I nodded. "I'll tell you later, but the day before our move he disappeared and we never found him." He finished, and then he turned away. "I'm so worried now about what he'll do if he gets to you, Arizona." I could hear him speaking through his tears. I crawled up to him and hugged him."Justin, you never answered my question," my mom said. I could feel my shoulder getting wet from tears. Dad wiped away his tears and said, "His name was Jason, but because my dad knew he was troubled, he didn't want him to have his second name, so he was Jason Mallette." My mom sat there in shock for a moment. "I'm going to get some water; do you want any, you two?" she asked, standing in the door frame. "With everything that has happened, get me a whole bottle." I was still hugging my dad. I heard my dad's phone ding (a text message), so he went to get it. After he came back, he stared at his phone both blankly and worriedly.
*Justin's POV*
I heard that I got a text message on my phone. I quickly grabbed it and retrieved it.It said it was a text message from someone unknown. "That's cute how worried you are about your family, but what will happen later?" Bieber? J.M"
I was so worried. JM could only mean one thing, Jason. I stared at my phone until Ari spoke. "dad? What's wrong?" what isn't? I looked at her worried little face. Who knew he would come back? "It's nothing, baby, don't be concerned."I tried to force a smile. "Is it okay if I go downstairs and talk to mom?"She nodded. I came over to her and kissed her forehead. I made my way downstairs, where I found Y/n leaning on the counter, staring into space, until she noticed me. "So Jason McCann isn't a made-up character by some CSI producers?" She raised her eyebrow. I shook my head and sat down at the island in our kitchen. "Why didn't you ever tell me about him?" she said as she sat next to me. "I didn't want to bring him up in any conversations. I tried to forget about him; I kind of did, but then the thing happened with Arizona." I knew I sounded sad, but that's how I felt right now. sad and worried. "I got this message a moment ago." I passed her my phone; she read it and then put her head in her hands. We suddenly heard a scream from upstairs. It was coming from Ari's room. We dashed up, unconcerned about our safety as long as our baby was safe.We got in, and Ari was standing next to the door frame, completely petrified. I looked up and saw a figure appear in the window. "It's been a long time, brother."I saw him walk towards me; it was Jason Mallette Bieber. "What do you want from me?" I noticed my wife and daughter had left the room. "Nothing, I just wanted to talk," he smirked. "So Bieber, I see you've gotten yourself a little kid and a girl." He looked weird. But Ari was right—he looked exactly like me. "Yes, I do have a wife and two daughters," I hissed. "Wow! Wow! Wow!" says Justin."I never realised how aggressive you would be towards your long-lost brother." I rolled my eyes at his response. "What do you do for a living, Jake?" I asked, which was completely irrelevant. "Well, I do a few things that aren't too important," he said, rolling his eyes. "But I see you've made a great career." Justin Drew Bieber. "Look at this house, look at all the fans you had." I felt upset when he said "the fans you had"; all of them probably forgot about me anyway, but I was going back to business, so what are you going to do to me? "Aw, is the little baby sad because all his fans left?" he smirked as he was climbing out of the house. I was getting angry, and he was just worsening it. "Anyway, Justin, I should go now, cuz I see I'm not welcome here." I rolled my eyes, hoping he would leave soon. He left through the window. "Also, I like the way you played Jason McCann, so I changed my surname to that!" He shouted from downstairs. I saw him run off. I sat on Ari's bed when Ari, Erin, and Y/n walked in. " Justin "I think the girls should go to my mom's house for a bit," she said. "What about my career?" Ari asked. "Levi will send you everything you need to do and how you need to do it." "Is that OK?" she asked, trying to keep calm. Ari nodded.

The girls were all packed. Y/n's mom was going to be here tomorrow to pick up the girls and take them for a bit to Poland. I went into my office and wrote down a few songs. I was bored, so I had to do something. I spent at least 6 hours in that room today. I was tired, so I took a quick shower, put on my pajamas, and jumped into bed.

At 12 p.m., the girls were leaving. We said goodbye to them and hoped all of this would end soon. Jason doesn't know that the girls are going to Poland, nor does he know that their mom is taking them under her wing for a while. When they left, Y/n and I decided to have a moment to ourselves. Nobody is punished; it's just a normal day. At 12pm. Normal.