34. Leerens (part two)

"Breathe," Charles whispered, wrapping his arm around John's waist as the freckled man fiddled with his keys, his hands shakily unlocking the door to his dorm.  His hand gripped the door knob, but he didn't seem to want to turn it, instead resting his head in the crook of Charles' neck.  "John honey, if you don't want to do this today we really don't-" But before Charles could even finish his sentence John opened the door, striding in, taking his Charles' hand as he entered the small dorm room.

Alexander looked up from a book he had his nose in. "Johnny? Where on earth have you-" Alexander's eyes drifted to Charles, who gave a small, awkward wave. "What the hell are you doing here?" Alexander's eyes darted from Charles, to John, to the couple's hands that were tightly linked, then back to John again.

"Alex, I know you two have met, but this is my boyfriend, Charles," Charles ran the pad of his thumb over John's knuckles, trying to sooth his shaky voice. "Now I know you don't like him-"

"You're dating this prick?!" Alex shouted, standing up. "And you kept it from me, wow John. Dating an asshole and keeping it from your best friend. What the hell is wrong with you John?" Charles pulling John behind him slightly. He doubted Alex would dare take a swing at John, but with all the shouting and Alexander getting closer, he couldn't help the fact that his protectiveness kicked in.

"I kept it from you because I knew you'd act like this, do you see Charles yelling? Why do you have to overreact?" John shot back, practically clinging to Charles now, slightly trembling.

"Overreact?! John how can you be so blind, look at him, this guy almost got Washington fired, he almost broke my nose once-"

"Because you picked a fight with him, and that stuff with Washington happened a year ago, Alex! Let it go!" John shouted, glaring Alex down. Alex mumbled something, along the lines of "You're such a whore John, all you look for in a man is a good fuck", it was barely audible, but Charles heard every word, and that was the breaking point.

"Alex, I know we've had our fights in the past, but get over yourself. I'd be willing to put an end to all of this, for John. I love him, Alexander, and he's your best friend. Can't you look past our petty grievance for one second and be happy that John's happy?" Alexander looked up at Charles, his dark eyes clouded with disgust. "Alex-" Charles was caught off-guard by a punch to the nose that sent him stumbling backwards, startled by the blow.

"Charlie!" John shrieked, looking up at Charles, who had a hand cupped over his nose. "Oh my god, is it bleeding? Are you okay?" John rushed out, cupping Charles face in his hands, his eyes filling up with worry.

"Don't worry baby, I'm okay," Charles smiled slightly, though he grimaced faintly as he pulled his hand away. It wasn't bleeding, but he knew there would be a huge dark bruise there soon. "I think we should go." John nodded, though instead of dragging Charles out of the dorm, he headed to his closet, pulling out a suitcase from the bottom, rapidly throwing clothes in it. "What're you doing?"

"I'm moving into your dorm," John said decidedly, and Charles couldn't help the grin that crept onto his face. He had begged John for a long time to move in with him, but John was worried about Alex questioning it. But now that Alex knew, they really had nothing to worry about.

"You're what?!" Alexander shrieked, his eyes widening.

John finished packing what he could of his clothes.  Shoving his textbooks into a backpack that Charles sling over his shoulder.  Luckily, John's plethora of art supplies were already packed.  There were still a few things that he couldn't just shove into bags, but he'd come back for them later.  "You brought this on yourself, Alex.  Maybe next time, don't be such a dick," the two hauled John's stuff out of the dorm, heading down the hall towards Charles' place.

"You alright?" Charles asked, glancing down at John.

John sighed, he was upset about Alexander's reaction yes, but he was happy to have it off of his chest, and even happier that he was going to get to wake up next to Charles every morning, that they could finally just be a normal couple.  So even though Alex would probably never talk to him again, it was worth it.  "Yeah, I'm perfect."