4. Jeffmads

A/N: James is trans in this, ftm. #Transrightsarehumanrights

"James?" Thomas asked, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. He had just gotten home to find his dorm seemingly empty. "Jem, are you home?" Thomas set his bag down on the kitchen counter, heading down the hallway to their bedroom. The door was shut, and James usually left it open if neither of them were home. "Baby?" Thomas slowly opened the door, seeing James curled up on the bed, several blankets wrapped around his frame.

"Tommy," James groaned, a look of discomfort on his face. "I don't feel good."

Thomas sat down on the bed, pulling James into his lap, his arms tightly wrapped around the boy. "What's the matter?" He asked in a soft tone, already having an idea of what could be bothering James. Thomas and James had been together long before James stopped going by Jamie, and he was well accustomed to how James would act during that time of the month. "Is it what I think it is?" James nodded, burying his face in Thomas' sweatshirt. "Do you need anything, sugar?"

"I'm cold," James mumbled, the statement muffled by the fabric of Thomas' clothing. Thomas chuckled, pulling the soft quilt over them. James whined before kicking it off. "Now it's too hot in here."

"Want me to make you some food, baby?" Thomas asked, running his hand along James' sweater-clad back, pressing soft kisses to the boy's forehead. James nodded, resting his head in the crook of Thomas' neck. Thomas stood up from the bed, James still in his arms. "What would you like?" Thomas asked as he carried James to the kitchen, setting him carefully on the counter.

"Noodles," James mumbled, pulling off his sweater.

"James!" Thomas scolded, eyeing James' binder covered chest. "What did I tell you about wearing that so often?!" Thomas helped James remove it, throwing the sweater back over his head afterwards. "You need to take breaks, honey." James sighed, nodding. "Remember what we talked about? Just because you're not wearing it doesn't make you any less a man, you know that. You're my man, Jemmy," Thomas kissed James softly, smiling as he pulled away. "Now I'm going to make you some noodles okay?"

"Okay," James said, fiddling with the sleeves of his sweater, watching as Thomas grabbed a box from the cabinet. "A-Alexander made fun of me yesterday," James said quietly, staring at the ground nervously.

Thomas froze, nearly dropping the pan in his hands. "Excuse me?" Thomas slowly turned around, a blank expression on his face. "He did what?" James bit his lip, already regretting telling Thomas about it. "James, what did he say to you?"

"H-He mocked me, repeatedly calling me Jamie, saying I'm just a girl who's lying to everyone," Thomas' eye twitched, anger displayed across his face.

"I swear to god I'm going to give that little prick a piece of my mind," Thomas growled, his fists involuntarily balled. "No one messes with my boyfriend. No one," Thomas grabbed his coat from the rack, ready to take a trip to Alexander's dorm before James grabbed his arm.

"Tommy no," James groaned, holding his stomach. Thomas seemed to be pulled back to reality, his attention returning to James, who was curled into a ball on the counter.

"Kitten, are you alright?" Thomas asked in a concerned tone, cupping James' face in his hands.

"It hurts," James whimpered, pouting pitifully. Thomas rushed to their bathroom, grabbing a pill bottle from the cabinet. He returned moments later, a couple tablets and a glass of water in his hands. James took the items graciously, downing the pills along with the water quickly. Thomas set the pan of water on the heated stove, waiting for it to boil while simultaneously keeping an eye on James to see if he showed any sign of discomfort.

"I'm still going to throttle Hamilton, you know that right?" Thomas asked, peppering kisses onto James' hand. "He has no right to talk to you that way. I don't know anyone named Jamie, not a single person," Thomas poured the box of egg noodles into the boiling water, setting a timer. "Don't listen to that guy, he's a moron," James nodded, smiling as Thomas wrapped his arm around his waist. "Are you feeling any better?"

"Yeah," James said, slinging his arms around Thomas' neck. Thomas grinned, kissing James sweetly until James pulled away, making Thomas frown. "Tommy babe, the noodles are going to boil over."

"Shit," Thomas turned down the heat, hearing the timer sound. He removed the pan from the stove, draining the noodles. "Why didn't you text me? I would've come home earlier."

"You were in class," James mumbled, shrugging.

"And?" James chuckled, shaking his head. "What? I'm serious. You're more important than class," Thomas handed James a bowl, smiling as James' face lit up. Thomas lifted James, who nearly dropped the bowl of noodles. He carried him to the couch, sitting down, James still in his lap. "Hungry?" Thomas chuckled, glancing at James who was shoving forkfuls of noodles into his mouth. "So adorable," Thomas pulled a blanket over them, turning on the television.

"Tommy," James whispered, setting aside his now empty bowl. "Thank you," Thomas smiled, tightening his arms around James' waist.

"Anything for you, princess," James yawned, his eyelids feeling heavier. Soon enough James was asleep in Thomas' arms. Thomas smiled, leaning back on the couch. "Goodnight baby."

A/N: Sorry that this is so bad