29. Jeffmads

James huffed, fiddling with the hem of his skirt, pulling down the soft material, trying to make it cover more of his legs.  The problem wasn't that his skirt was too short, the problem was that he was bored, and desperately wanted to leave the "party" Thomas dragged him to.  It wasn't necessarily a party, but any get together that involved more than two people put James on edge.  Yet he couldn't say no to his best friend, who in term wasn't going to take no for an answer.  So James sat, completely uninterested in the circle of his friends, watching Alex spin an empty glass bottle.

Alexander smirked, seeing the bottle point towards his boyfriend, Lafayette.  "Well isn't that lucky," he muttered coyly, before standing up and grabbing Lafayette's hand, dragging him towards the closet. 

Peggy set the timer for seven minutes, rolling her eyes as she already heard small moans from the tiny room.  "Please don't fuck in the closet!"  The group heard a muffled "fuck off!" come from the room, and the distinct french accent made it clear the voice belonged to Laf. 

Seven minutes of the group sitting uncomfortably later, Peggy opened the closet door, revealing Alex sitting in Lafayette's lap, the two were making out.  "Gross," She mumbled.

Alex and Lafayette retreated from the closet without an ounce of shame, both looking disheveled. 

James rolled his eyes.  He thought the game was pointless.  He thought being locked in a closet with a person was more like seven minutes in hell, than heaven.  But of course, Alex, having had his turn last, got to choose who went next.  And who else would Alex choose but James himself.  "I really don't want to play," James mumbled, shaking his head.

"Come on Jemmy, just one round," Thomas said, nudging James' shoulders.  James continued to object, crossing his arms.  "Come on, you'll probably get one of the girls, then you can talk about boys or whatever."

"Fine," James huffed, rolling his eyes as he reached over and twirled the bottle. His face paled as it landed on Thomas, who looked just as terrified.

"Okay James didn't want to play anyway let's just let someone else spin-" Thomas objected, though Lafayette and Hercules stood up, dragging Thomas and James towards the closet, shoving the two in and shutting the door and putting a chair as a barricade. "Guys what the hell," Thomas yelled, banging on the door. James sat down, burying his red face in his knees that were pulled tight to his chest. "Sorry Jem, I shouldn't have pushed you into this."

"It's fine," James mumbled, looking up as Thomas sat down. In the nearly pitch black lighting he couldn't see Thomas' face, only a blurry silhouette.

"James," Thomas said, biting his lip. "Can I tell you something?" James mumbled a "mhm" shrugging, though Thomas couldn't see. "I like you, Jemmy. I like you a lot. And I know you like me too, you always stare at me too long and get really red when I compliment you, and Peggy kind of told me of your crush on me, she can't keep secrets. I guess I've just been waiting to tell you how much I love you," Thomas chuckled, glancing at James, who's face was red, his wide eyes staring at Thomas.

"R-Really?" James asked, his voice sounding shaky and nervous.  Thomas mumbled a "yes" burying his head in his hands.  It took a lot to get Thomas Jefferson embarrassed, but he sure as hell was at that point.  "Y-You're serious?"

Thomas turned to James, cupping the smaller man's face in his hands, taking a deep breath to try to settle his nerves before colliding their lips, making James' eyes widen.  It lasted for a few seconds before Thomas pulled away, breathing heavily.  "I-I'm sorry," Thomas mumbled, burying his head in his hands.  "I shouldn't have done that."

James wrapped his arms around Thomas' neck, pulling him into a kiss.  It was soft, but it spiraled into a make out, and a heated one, James getting pulled into Thomas' lap, their lips moving rhythmically.

That is until the door opened.

"Hey your seven minutes is-" Lafayette started before he saw what was happening before him.  "Mon dieu," he gasped, staring as James jumped, hurrying off of Thomas' lap, his face red as the two pulled away.  "I knew it, I fucking knew it."

"Shut up Laf," Thomas rolled his eyes, standing up, holding out his hand for James, who took it, intertwining their fingers, standing up as well.  "Come on Jemmy," Thomas mumbled, giving James a small peck on the cheek before pulling the small man out of the confined room.  As they came out, everyone's eyes were on theme, making James shrink behind Thomas. 

Alexander squinted at them.  Laf has told everyone what happened, and Thomas assumed Alex would bring it up, and be all cocky.  But to his surprise, Alex acknowledged the fact that James was uncomfortable.  "Come sit down, we're gonna spin the bottle again," Thomas raised an eyebrow, but didn't question, he sat down next to Alex, James curling up in his lap.

"Thank you," Thomas whispered to Alex as Hercules spun the bottle, it landed on his boyfriend, Aaron. 

Alex glanced at him, smiling slightly, glancing at James who was grinning at Thomas, absentmindedly playing with the taller man's hands as if no one in the room was there.  It made him smile, happy that James and Thomas had finally figured out they should be together.  It was excruciating, waiting for the two to finally kiss.  "No problem."