30. Leeburr

Charles bit his lip as he entered his apartment, tears clouding his dark eyes. "Aaron?" Charles asked, looking around the empty living room. "Aaron are you home?"

"Hey Charlie!" Aaron greeted happily, bounding towards Charles, throwing his arms around him. "I've missed you so much babe," Aaron frowned when he didn't feel Lee's strong arms wrap around him. He pulled away from the one-sided embrace, looking into his boyfriend's hate filled eyes.  His cold blank face  held no smile, nor frown, but he could tell Charles was hurt, and hurt badly.  And Aaron knew exactly why.  "Ch-Charlie, what's wrong?" He asked, acting like he didn't know what was going on.

"You brought another guy into our bedroom, slept with him, and really thought I wouldn't find out about it?" Aaron gulped, taking a step back.  "Or maybe you thought I wouldn't care.  'Oh Charles Lee, he's such a hardass, I bet he'll just shrug it off because he doesn't have emotions'."

"Charlie it wasn't like that-"

"I know I'm not always the most kind or affectionate or lovey-dovey, but you know what Aaron?  Every second of the day, you are on my mind.  I'm always thinking about coming home to your smiling face, kissing you and hugging you.  You're the brightest goddamn thing in my life.  If I wasn't the brightest thing in yours, you could have just told me instead of bringing Hamilton into our bed.  Our bed."

"Alex told you?" Aaron asked, his tone sounding a bit peeved, as if he was annoyed that Alexander would do that to him.

"Yeah, he said you loved it, that you love him," Charles winced as the words left his mouth they felt sour.  "Do you?"

Aaron took Charles' hands, squeezing them tight.  "Of course not, babe.  I love you. And only you.  I-It was a big mistake, I promise I'll never to it again, Charlie.  Please don't leave me, I can't live without you, I love you so much," Aaron wrapped his arms around Charles' neck, peppering his tear soaked face with kisses.  "I love you Charlie, and you love me too right?"  He knew what Aaron was doing, he knew he was trying to make it seem like everything was fine, and Charles was at fault.  And Charles let him, because he knew he could never let Aaron go.  He loved the man too much.

"Of course," Charles mumbled, shutting his eyes as Aaron ran his hands along his chest.  For a long time he wondered how faithful Aaron really was, how much his boyfriend really loved him.  He doubted kisses, hugs, wondering if Aaron still had the same passion as he did when they met, and know he knew Aaron wasn't his.

Maybe he never was.