24. John Laurens

John flipped the page of his sketchbook, calmly sketching out a sloppy drawing, his thoughts more clouded with thoughts of a certain raven haired boy than actually drawing. A small smile crept onto his face, one that didn't last long before turning startled when his dorm room door when Alexander Hamilton cane rushing in a rage, huffing. "Lexi?" John asked, looking to Alex with concern.

"I fucking hate that douchebag," Alexander shouted, rubbing his temples, trying to calm down. John titled his head in confusion, though he refrained from asking for fear Alex would explode. "Lee, John. Stupid asshole said shit about Washington. 'He's worst professor, I mean come on. He picks favorites, like that Hamilton kid.'" Alex said in an exaggerated mocking tone, rolling his eyes. "He's just mad that he's failing Washington's class because he's an idiot."

"Alex I think you should calm down," John said. Alexander's face was so red from anger he seemed to be on the brink of passing out. "Take a breather, man."

"No, I'm not calming down, John. I just came to tell you that I'm going to fight him behind the dorms soon, I swear I'm going to kill that motherfucker," John almost thought he might, Alex was a good guy, but he didn't always have the calmest temper.

"Alex, you know you can't do that. Washington would be pissed," Alexander looked down, his eyebrows furrowing in thought.

"I just don't want to let him get away with it," Alex said, his tone a little calmer.

"I could do it for you," John suggested. He in no way actually wanted to, but he knew Alex would get in deep shit if he went through with the brawl. "I mean, Washington won't be as hard on me, he expects less from me." Alex looked up at John in confusion. John's little, well huge crush on Charles wasn't a secret, and for John to offer to fight the guy, Alex was a little perplexed.

"John you don't have to-"

"I know," John said matter-of-factly. He stood up, shutting his textbook, the sketch disappearing. "Let's go."

~

John's hands fidgeted as he saw Charles walking towards him, though the black haired boy's attention was pointed at Alexander.  Aaron was at his side, which spurred a slight annoyance in John, he didn't like the guy that much, mostly because he knew he had the hots for Lee as well.

"So Hamilton, ready for me to beat the shit out of you?" Charles asked, a devilish smirk splayed across his pale face. 

"No," John said, trying to steady his breathing.  Catching sight of Charles' eyes locking with his made his voice shaky and choked, he loved the brown puppy dog eyes that stared into his.  "A-Alex isn't fighting you.  I am."

Charles chuckled, glancing at Aaron, who just shrugged.  "What are you, a pussy?" Charles as Alexander, who just glared back, rolling his eyes.  "Well fine then, I'll beat the shit out of your boyfriend then, Hamilton.  Maybe then you'll have the balls to fight me yourself," Charles took long strides towards John, coming so close that he was only a mere two feet away from the freckles man.  John was red faced, flustered by how close Charles was.  He'd never been so close to him before.

John just stared at Charles, in a daze. He didn't even notice Alex and Aaron counting in the background. It was traditional for people to count to ten whenever fights went down at the colleges, and as Alex and Aaron got to the last number John felt a fist collide with his nose.  He reeled back, caught off guard by the blow.  "Shit," he muttered, covering his face with a hand, feeling blood pouring out of his nose.

But before John could even think about returning the action, Charles punched his side, and his face, and kicked his stomach. John was defenseless, just taking the punches and kicks. He knew it would happen, he knew there was no way he could fight Charles, and now there he was, lying on the ground as the victor threw one last blow at his cheek.

"Fuck you," John mumbled, feeling tears prick at his eyes.  Charles laughed, shaking his head.  "I hate you so much."

"Look at you, pussy," Charles spat, grinning.  "You're crying, fucking gay boy."  John just stared up at the sky, wondering why on earth he let himself do this, but as he was thinking, feeling sorry for himself he heard Alexander charge at Charles, attacking him in anger.  "Lexi?" John asked, glancing up to see Alex pushing Charles to the ground, though his sprawling limbs aimed at Charles' face were stopped by Aaron, who was trying his best to hold the furious man back.

Alex pushed Aaron off of him before landing a solid punch to Charles nose. He rose to his feet, lifting John into his arms. "How many douchebags is it going to take before you figure out that I like you, and that you're bad at picking guys?"

John blinked rapidly, which seriously hurt, considering a bruise was starting to form on his eye. "What?"

Alex sighed, holding John tighter to his chest. "Nothing, lets go home."

A/N: The fuck is this?