1. Laflams

Lafayette parallel parked the car in a spot that lined the café, turning the car off before glancing at Alex next to him, then to John in the backseat. Alex was half-asleep, barely awake from his lack of coffee that morning. John seemed to have his head in the clouds, staring out the window.

"Hey, darling," Lafayette lightly shook Alex, causing the smaller man to jump slightly, his now very awake state shown in his widened eyes.

"What?" Alex groaned, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"We're here," Laf giggled as Alex looked around, a confused expression clear on his face. His face brightened when he realized what Lafayette had meant.

"My favorite coffee shop!" He shrieked, staring at the building through the window. "Laf you didn't tell me we were going here!"

"That was the point. It was a surprise," Lafayette chuckled, turning in his seat to look at John, who still had his eyes glued to the window. "John?" No response came, and Laf rolled his eyes. John was always daydreaming. "Babyboy?" Laf's tone was louder this time, finally getting the man's attention.

"Huh?" John looked at him.

Lafayette didn't even get a chance to answer before Alex cut in. "He took us to my favorite café John!"

"Well come on you two," Laf rolled his eyes, getting out of there car. He didn't even get to the door before he had John and Alex pressed against him, each one finding themselves under one of his arms. John pulled away to get the door, holding it open for the other two to step inside.

"Go find a table, me and Alex will order okay?" John nodded, heading in the direction of a booth in the back corner, where they usually sat. He said on one side of it, a smile on his face as he stared down at his fidgeting hands.

"Hey sweet cheeks," John's head bolted up when he heard a gruff voice from across from him. "Aren't you a pretty one." John froze as he stared at the man. He had short scraggly hair and his face looked like he hadn't shaved in a few days. He reeked of alcohol and cigarette smoke, two things John couldn't stand. "Oh don't be afraid hun, I'm not here to hurt you. I would like to take your back to my apartment though, would you like that?" John couldn't say a word, luckily, he didn't have to.

"Excuse me, but I think maybe you should leave my boyfriend alone," Lafayette growled, glaring angrily down at the man. Lafayette looked menacing, looming over the man like he could kill him if he really wanted to.

"O-Okay sir, m-my apologies!" Lafayette continued to glare at the man as he ran, holding the glare until the man was out of the coffee shop door. As soon as he was gone Lafayette's cold and dark glare softened. He sat down next to John, who was still frozen, staring at the spot where the man previously was.

"John?" Laf placed a hand on John's shoulder, hoping that would help him snap out of it.

"Baby?" Alex sat across from John, taking the spot of the creepy man. Both Lafayette and Alex grew more concerned when the pace of John's breathing started to quicken. He was hyperventilating.

"John, mon amour, look at me," Lafayette said, not having any affect on the hyperventilating man.

"Jacky?" Alex asked, trying to get John's eyes to meet his own. The name seemed to lead John out of his anxiety attack, his breathing slightly slowing.

"L-Laf?" John stuttered out, looking up at Lafayette. Tears started to slide down John's cheeks.

"I'm here John," Lafayette assured. John nodded before completely breaking down, collapsing into Lafayette's chest, sobbing into his shirt. "Shh, I know babyboy, I know."

Alex took John's hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "You're safe now."

Lafayette kissed the top of John's head gently, rubbing circles into his back. "Alex and I would never let anyone hurt you, okay baby?"

"O-Okay," John got out between sniffles and sobs.

Alex gave John's hand another squeeze.

"We're here John." Lafayette nodded, his grip on John tightening.

"Always."