22. Mullimads

A/N: I'm really sick right now, so I'm gonna write about it.

James' hand was clamped over his mouth as he practically bolted out of his room.  His stomach felt like it was at war, and it wasn't long before James was gagging in front of the toilet, trying to shake the feeling of his emptied, gross-feeling stomach.  He flushed the mess, hoping the taste in his mouth would disappear.  He'd felt sick all night, and he'd brushed it off as his bad mood playing tricks on his head, but apparently a little bit more than that.

"Herc," James called meekly, curling into a tight, pitiful ball on the soft rug that laid dormant on the tiled floor of the bathroom.  "Hercules?  Please come here," James shivered, he was in nothing but a t-shirt and underwear, and the chilly air of the house was biting at him, and he didn't feel even close to being ready to get up.

He heard the sound of shuffling, a door opening before Hercules tromped into the bathroom, looking tired and groggy, bags under his eyes.  "What is it, baby?" He asked, rubbing his eyes.  James just groaned, leaning his head against the ugly-wallpapered wall.  "Jemmy?"

"I'm a little sick," Hercules' tired demeanor switched almost as if someone had flipped a switch.  His eyes were suddenly open and awake, and he crouched down next to James, his hand on his forehead.  "I threw up, Herc."

"Jemmy, why didn't you tell me you were feeling sick?" Hercules asked, reaching back to open the cupboard behind him, grabbing a towel to wipe his boyfriend's sweat-drenched forehead.  James shrugged, shutting his eyes.  "Sweetheart, you should have told me, we could have gone to the doctors-"

"Herc, I probably just have a stomach bug, calm down," James chuckled softly, shaking his head.  "And you know how I hate the doctors."

"I know baby," Hercules sighed, reaching down to lift James off of the ground, pulling him up to set him on the sink.  Herc grabbed a glass of water, filling it before handing it to him, along with two tablets of ibuprofen, which James took gratefully, downing them with ease.  "Do you think you'll be okay?"  James smiled, gently wrapping his arms around Hercules' neck.  He was taller than his large boyfriend, since he was sitting on the counter, and he liked that.  "Jem, you get sick a lot, and I don't want this time to get as bad as it got that night last month," James frowned, remembering the day not so long ago when he got so sick he was hospitalized for three days.  Hercules was freaking out so bad he couldn't even bring him to the hospital, he had to call Thomas to.

"I think I'll be fine, I'm really tired though," Hercules gave James an uneasy glance, but he nodded, wrapping his arms around the smaller man's waist, carrying him back to their bedroom. 

"I'm sorry I snapped at you earlier, Hercie," James said, his words muffled since he had his face buried in Hercules' shoulder.  Earlier hat day, only a few hours prior, James was beyond rude, caused by his terrible mood, which Hercules knew was only because he was stressed about classes and such.  He didn't take it personally, but that didn't mean James didn't feel guilty about it.

"It's okay, baby boy," Hercules said as he set James under the covers, lying next to him.  "You didn't mean it, I know.  You're sick, hun, go to sleep," Hercules kissed James' forehead.  James cuddled closer to Hercules, his chill probably derived from his sickness.  He wanted to protest, and apologize further, but sleepiness was pouncing on him fast, and he could barely keep his eyes open.

"Goodnight Herc," James said before drifting off. 

Hercules hummed in response. "Goodnight. Love you Jemmy," but his sickly lover was already asleep, making him chuckle.  "Sweet dreams."

A/N: Kinda shitty and unedited, sorry.  I'm going to actually try to sleep, since I'm actually sick and I feel like shit.  I hope y'all are having a good night/morning/afternoon.  Have a great day.