23. Burrcules/ Burrens

A/N: This is short, but I'm bored and I have a headache from PSATS so I wanted to write something.

Hercules adjusted his tie as he stared at the wooden front door ahead of him.  It was hard, balancing a box of chocolates, a bouquet, and hope as he knocked on the door gently, hoping for an answer, but also hoping the door wouldn't open to him.

"Hercules?" Aaron asked as the door opened.  First his confused eyes met Hercules' face, secondly they traveled down, seeing the gifts that were overspilling in his arms. 

"Baby," Hercules said breathlessly.  He hadn't seen Aaron in a while, probably over a month.  But Hercules thought of him every day, of his smile, of his laugh.  He desperately wanted to see him again.  "I-I'm so sorry, Aaron.  I'm so sorry for what I did.  I've been a mess since you left, sweetheart," Aaron didn't answer, almost as if he didn't hear him.  "Ronnie, I love you.  I've thought about you every day, and I can't tell you how much I regret my choices.  Laf didn't mean anything to me, I-I was drunk-"

"Hercules," Aaron said calmly.  "I accept your apology."

"So you'll take me back?" Hercules asked, smiling, though it didn't last long before he frowned, seeing Aaron look down.

"Herc, I've moved on," Hercules gulped, feeling tears prick at his eyes.

"Who's at the door, baby girl?" Hercules heard someone ask from inside the apartment.  John, Hercules' best friend, or rather ex-best friend, approached them, wrapping his arm around Aaron's waist.  At the sight of Hercules John's eyes seemed to darken in distaste.  Ever since Hercules cheated on Aaron with Lafayette, John couldn't stand to be near the unfaithful man.  "What're you doing here?"

"I-I um..." Hercules stammered, unsure of what to say.  "I was just leaving," John nodded, watching with a sneer as Hercules turned around, starting to walk away.  Though he looked back, mouthing one last "Im sorry" to Aaron before John shut the door.

Tears ran from Hercules' eyes as he left the apartment building, knowing he wouldn't return, that he'd never see Aaron's face again.

He couldn't lie, it was deserved.  He fucked up, and he payed the consequences.  But now he was alone, so there was no consequences to be paid as he called Lafayette, who answered momentarily.  "Hey, Laf.  Could you come over tonight?  And bring booze," Hercules felt a painful thump in his heart.  "A lot of it."