31. Lafmads

"James," Thomas sighed, poking his annoyed best friend.  "Jem, come on, talk to me man."

"No," James stated, scribbling words into a notebook trying to ignore Thomas' constant pestering.  "You embarrassed me in front of Laf, now he probably thinks I'm an idiot,"  the two had been walking down the hallway when Thomas spotted the foreign exchange student, Lafayette, strolling through the hallway with his friends, Hamilton and Mulligan, at his side.  Thomas had the bright idea of shoving James into Laf, thinking it would go over well.  James just ended up getting really nervous and running away after he had caught his footing.  "I can't believe you pushed me into him like that."

"Sorry for trying to get you a date," Thomas snapped, rolling his eyes.

"How is getting pushed into him going to get me a date?!" James yelled, his voice cutting though the silence of the library.  "Face it Thomas, I'm never going to get a date with him, or a date with anyone for that matter," James buried his face in his hands, tears pricking at his eyes.

"Jemmy-"

"Just go away Thomas," James mumbled, slightly muffled by his hands. Thomas hesitantly stood up, deciding it was better to just leave James alone instead of prodding at him any further. James started to cry harder as Thomas left the room, feeling alone and sad with the lack of Thomas at his side. He didn't really want Thomas there, but it would've been better than being alone.

"Madison?" James heard a strong french accent ask from behind him, slightly startling James, who let out a small squeak.  "Sorry to scare you," Lafayette chuckled, approaching James with an air of confidence James could only dream of having.  "Thomas said I could find you here."

"Thomas?" James asked, wiping the tears from his eyes.  "W-When did he tell you that?"

"A while ago, he said you usually hang out in the library during this period.  I've been trying to muster up the courage to talk to you," Laf rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, unable to look at James.  "And to be honest, it sure as hell took a lot of courage," James blinked, tilting his head slightly in confusion.

"Why would y-you even want to talk to me?" James asked timidly, looking down at the floor, his face reddening in embarrassment of his slight stutter.

"Because I think you're adorable, and I was wondering..." Lafayette bit his lip, nervously looking up, his eyes meeting James for the first time since he entered the empty library.  "Oh my god, James have you been crying?" Laf asked, his eyes widening in concern.

"No, it was nothing," James insisted, wiping his tear stained cheeks.  Lafayette pulled his hands away, looking James in the eyes.

"Mon Cher, you can tell me if you were crying.  I won't laugh," Lafayette said softly, pulling up a chair next to James, setting a gentle hand on his shoulder.  "What happened, sweetheart?"

James sighed, avoiding Lafayette's chocolate brown eyes.  "It's about how Thomas pushed me into you earlier," James mumbled, his face flushing scarlet.  "I thought you'd hate me."

"Why would I ever hate you for that?" Laf asked with a slight chuckle.  "It wasn't your fault, and I thought it was cute how flustered you got," Lafayette said, a slight smirk playing at his lips when he saw James' face get even redder.  "Everything you do is cute Jem."

"S-Stop it," James stammered.  "I'm not cute.  E-Especially not compared to you, I mean look at you, you're gorgeous," Lafayette blushed, and for a second, James was unsure as to why.  Until he realized what had came out of his mouth.  "Oh my god I really didn't mean to say that, I'm such an idiot," James buried his face in his hands, annoyed with himself.

"Hey look at me," Lafayette said, trying his hardest to ignore the burning in his face.  James reluctantly uncovered his face, looking up at Lafayette, his nerves immediately calmed by the smile on the taller man's face.  "Jem, will you go out with me?" Laf asked, a tone of hope hiding behind the rich French accent.

"You're joking," James muttered, "Aren't you?"

"No, I'm not, James," Lafayette chuckled, taking James' hand, giving it a squeeze.  "You're cute and smart, mon cher, you're perfect.  Please, I'll get down on my hands and knees and beg, please just say yes," Laf pleaded.  "Will you?"

"Y-Yes," James said, smiling, making a bright grin appear on the Frenchman's face.  Lafayette jumped up in excitement, scooping James into his arms.  "Holy shit you're strong," James said in awe, startled by the sudden embrace.

"Can I kiss you? Lafayette asked, the question nearly overwhelming James, but he nodded bashfully, his eyes fluttering shut as Lafayette leaned in, connecting their lips softly.  James melted against Laf, feeling Lafayette's fingers take though his short hair.  Eventually the taller man pulled away, looking the breathless James in the eyes.

James sighed happily, resting his head in the crook of Lafayette's neck.  "Wait till Thomas hears about this."

A/N: Oof, I hate this.