"She told me. A proper piece of work she is," I say sharply. "She is just horrible. So so horrible."

"Where are you now then?" she asks, concerned.

"In a taxi," I look outside to see any landmarks or signs, but can't really see anything that would indicate where I was. "Heading towards the city. I'll find a hotel and look at flights home in the morning."

"No, don't do that. I know Calum and the boys are doing something at their hotel suite. Stay there with them."

"No, I'm not going to turn up to their doorstep with my bags like a sad case Scarlett. And how do you know anyways?"

"He called earlier. Drunk. He actually invited me, which was pretty funny. I was like dude; we're not even on the same continent right now."

That manages to make me laugh, and I tell her I'm going to be fine, and that I'll figure something out. She doesn't want to let me go, but I remind her of the outrageously high international call rates, and she begrudgingly allows me to end the call.

Within ten minutes I receive a call from a number I don't recognise. Initially thinking it's Harry, I hover my finger over the decline button, I notice the Australian area code.

"Hello?" I tentatively answer.

"Hey, where are you?" an Australian male voice answers back.

"Who is this firstly," I ask, obviously not wanting to give out my information to a complete stranger.

"Oh, it's me – Luke," he replies.

"Oh hello," I say, the warmth returning in my voice as I now know who I'm speaking to.

"Look, I heard what happened, and you're more than welcome to crash here for the night."

I guess I have Scarlett to thank for this. Still doing best friend things and she's not even on my side of the world. I am so lucky to have her.

"Luke, thank you so much for your offer, but I can't stay. I don't want to be a burden. I would probably just kill the mood of whatever you boys have going on."

"It wouldn't be like that at all. It's probably safer for you to be here anyways."

"It's fine. I'm fine. I'll just find a hotel and stay there instead."

"Can you please stop trying to be polite, and just take me up on my offer already?"

"Ugh!" I laugh. "Message me your address," I reply, caving in.

I don't think this is the best idea exactly, but what other choice do I have? Maybe I'll go there for an hour and sneak away while everyone is too drunk to notice me leaving.

I arrive at their hotel, going straight up the elevator to the top floor, and quickly find their room as per Luke's message.

I hesitate before knocking. The inner sound of the room already makes me feel so out of place. Music, laughter, and loud conversation. I hope they won't think of me as being rude if I just opted to be alone for the night.

I knock a few times before Michael is standing before me. Extremely happy, and very drunk.

"Avie!" he exclaims, his face lighting up. He embraces me in a tight squeeze and picks me up, causing me to drop my things. He carries me awkwardly while my arms are pinned to my sides and takes me to the main area.

"Look who I found!" he says, setting me down.

Besides from the boys, they have a few other friends that I don't recognise, along with maybe about eight or so girls. Luke has a girl on his knee with her arms around his shoulders, while the rest of the boys are playing some kind of drinking game with a deck of cards.