Reality Bites Me

After English class, I admittedly tell him who is responsible for writing on his car - Brandon I promised him not to say anything about what he saw. However, later that day.

Justin POV

Brandon tries to extort a higher grade on his essay out of me, threatening to get the principal involved if I don't change the grade from a D to an A. When I confronted Kayla, I tell her Brandon doesn't seem to be keeping his promise. While discussing this, Emerson enters the room, needing a signature on an absence card. On her way out she says, "sorry to interrupt," as if she may have heard.

<After school>

I drive straight to his apartment and find him drinking and looking disheveled. I want to know what happened today. I clasp her hands and say "I refused to change Brandon's grade, but whatever happens tomorrow, I want you to know how I feel about you." I softly whisper in his ear "Even though this doesn't look right, it has always felt right." I touch his face tenderly and gently and he says, "I love you," then I softly kiss  him. Later, I decide to call home and lie about spending the night at Hailey's. I light a candle and she leans close to me by the sofa, both hoping this isn't the last time we will hold each other.