Can You Hear Me Now?

<Kayla>

I was at my locker getting my book for chemistry. When I shut it and turned around to start walking, a body pressed against mine, pinning me up against the cold metal.

"Why haven't you been answering my calls or text messages? It's been four days!"

"Brandon get off of me. I'm not in the mood right now."

I tried wiggling from his hold but he wouldn't budge. It caused him to press onto me harder. He was putting most of his weight on my chest. Making it difficult for me to breath.

"Answer my fucking question." He said a bit louder, causing some people to stare in our direction. This is humiliating.

"Calm down. You're making a scene!" I tried pushing his chest, still nothing.

I could feel his burning through my soul. I never dared to look at Brandon when he was angry. It scared the shit out of me.

"I said get off!" (This time using a harsher tone) I have all my strength this time and finally pushed him off of me. What the hell is wrong with him?

I looked around wondering why no one had the decency to help me.

Then! I realized, we were now the only two in the hallway.

"Can you answer my damn question I don't have all day!"

"Could you lower your voice before someone hears you?"

"Are you cheating on me?"

Someone please tell me this is a joke you can't be serious. I made a promise to myself I wouldn't ever cheat no matter how bad the relationship was. Him asking me that question really blew me off the edge.

"Are you fucking serious right now?"

"All I've ever been is loyal to you."

I should be asking you that question!

"I'm the one that should be suspicious you're acting insecure! You never- You know what? I don't have time for this."

I began to walk away until I felt a tight grip on my waist. I was harshly put back and turned around, now facing the monster again.

"Why are you avoiding my questions? You are cheating on me aren't you?! WHO THE FUCK IS HE?!"

"You're completely delusional."

Unbelievable.

"Ow, Brandon you're really hurting me!"

"ANSWER MY DAMN QUESTION KAYLA!"

"I'm not fucking cheating on you Brandon."

"FUCKING LIAR!"

"HEY!"

Another voice came from the hallway. We both turned our heads to see a very unpleasant Mr. Bieber standing outside his classroom with his arms folded.

" What's going on here?" He asked. Aiming more towards Brandon. He began walking until he was standing right in front of us.

"Nothing Mr. Bieber" Brandon replied.

"Doesn't look like nothing."

He turned his head slightly to look at me. His face softened.

"Kayla, Are you alright sweetheart?"

I nodded my head. I was too embarrassed to speak. His face hardened once again he turned back to look at my boyfriend.

"Brandon shouldn't you be in my class? GET IN THERE BEFORE I GIVE YOU TWO WEEK'S WORTH OF DETENTION!"

I felt Brandon's glare on me once more. Secondly not looking at his eyes.

"NOW!" Mr. Bieber's voice was deep and stern.

Brandon huffed and puffed and rolled his eyes. I snatched my wrist out of his grip. As he started walking towards Mr. Bieber's classroom. Once he was in, Mr. Bieber shot me a sympathy look before walking away then into the classroom, shutting the door.

I leaned against the locker and rested my head back. Letting a sigh of relief go over my body. I stopped there a few minutes taking in the peaceful and soundless hallway.

"I have to break up with him."

I decided to go home even though I was only on my fifth period. I didn't want to be around anyone right now. Especially Brandon. I knew he was going to try and talk to me through the day and I just didn't want to deal with that.

I grabbed my bag and pulled out my phone. Opening up a group message to send to all my girls in the text.

Text: Come by my house after school. I need to talk to everyone.

I locked my phone and headed towards the parking lot.