The Princess and The Dragon

A/N: Originally posted at Twitter via teamSMH (@TeamAche). A short drabble based on the prompt above.

Unbeta'ed.

//

She walked with a regal silence that only someone of her stature could pull off. She walked with a purpose - her gait swift, her steps lithe and quick as she looked around her, making sure that she wasn't being followed. Exhaling a breath as she finally reached the dungeons, her steps then slowed, becoming measured as she turned the final corner where her initial intent to be in was.

"Richard," she whispered as she finally saw him in his cursed, dragon form.

The low rumble he let out as she called his name didn't deter her, where most would have ran screaming. She approached the steel bars that locked him in his prison, her dainty hands reaching out to touch his scaled and luminous, cerulean skin.

"What should I do? What do you need so I could free you from these bindings?" she asked, her voice tinged with worry as the chains that were keeping him, rattled around his neck.

"Y-yourrrrr e-essenceeeee, princesssss," he answered with a growl and a hiss as he walked closer to her, his bejeweled sapphire eyes staring straight at her, speaking to her soul.

"Here? Now?" She hesitated. "But—how?"

He growled louder and it made her stumble a little but enough that she sat down. Her gasp of surprise quickly turned into a moan as she felt his rough tongue slithering out of his fanged mouth through the steel bars and onto her flushed skin, her voluminous skirts slowly being pushed up.

His low roar resounded through the still and mostly empty dungeons once his huge, rough tongue reached her naked center - flicking her pearl and making her even wetter than when she first came down to see him. She then understood what he meant when he wanted her essence.

At the first swipe of his tongue, she shuddered and called his name once more, opening her legs wider, letting him take his fill as he tasted her - over and over, bringing her to the brink of ecstasy. And when she finally came with a scream - she felt him receding, heard him changing as he groaned and panted - finally, human.

She quickly stood up, tears in her eyes. "Richard."

"Princess Nicomaine," he wheezed out on all fours, naked as the day he was born but with the chains initially binding him already loose around him. He looked up with that same blue stare as he shakily stood up. "You shouldn't be here. You shouldn't have come. If you get caught—"

Nicomaine shook her head and sobbed. "I don't care. I would do it a hundred times over as long as I could be with you."

His resolve then hardened, as he grasped her hands through the bars that separated them. "Then we must go."

"What are you going to do?"

He smirked, a fang peeking out from his upturned lips. "Becoming the dragon worthy of his princess."