Dirty Laundry (Christmas Special - ACHE 3)

A/N: This is just one part of a short novella over at Ache volume 3 for our Christmas Special.  Sebastian here is the third son of the Flores' family.  Head on over to Ache 3 to read all the other hot stories that went down with the family.  :)

//

Dirty Laundry

"Can you drive any slower?"

Sebastian sighed as he took a gander at his daughter who was sitting beside him on the passenger seat. "Sam, 'wag naman ngayon."

Samantha shrugged and took out a Capri Slim from her purse. She opened the window halfway before lighting it up, blowing the smoke through the small opening. "Sabagay. Ayaw mo nang mag-drive ng mabilis dahil baka pati ako patayin mo, diba?"

"Samantha," Sebastian chastised. "Please. It's Christmas Eve. And how many times have I told you - you are not allowed to smoke in my car?"

"I don't give a fuck, dad," she answered back, rolling her eyes as she puffed another hit of her cigarette. "At least sa paninigarilyo ko - choice ko kung papatayin ko ang sarili ko. Unlike mom who didn't have a choice but to ride with you even when you were so fucking drunk, she ended up dead in a ditch."

"Language, Samantha. I'm still your father."

Samantha rolled her eyes once more but kept quiet, just smoking her cigarette and looking out the window. Sebastian then simply took a deep breath, releasing it slowly as they finally stopped in front of a condominium building where his son lived.

"Call Noah. Tell him we're here."

"Dapat pinag-drive mo na lang siya on his own. At least pag ganon, ako lang ang madadagdag sa konsensya mo 'pag naaksidente ka ulit," Samantha retorted even as she took out her phone and dialed her brother. "Kuya? Yeah. Yeah, we're here. Baba ka na. Ok. Sige. See you."

Sebastian closed his eyes and leaned his head back as they waited for his oldest son, hoping against hope that this year would be better than the past couple of Christmases they had.

I miss you, hun... I don't think I will ever get over you... I'm sorry, so sorry for what happened.

Therese, Sebastian's late wife, was in the car with him two Christmases ago after spending Christmas Eve with his extended family, like always. He was so drunk after all the shots he and his siblings took during that night, that his mother insisted that they stay the night - especially since the kids at that time were already asleep in one of the many guestrooms their mansion has.

Hindi na ako umiinom simula ng gabing iyon, alam mo ba?

But he still demanded that he wanted to go home and spend the night with his wife, alone. Despite protests from everyone - he still managed to get in the car with Therese and later got them into that frightening accident - ending with Therese dying on the spot.

I'm so sorry, hun. Hindi ko talaga dapat ginawa yun...

Since then, that incident put a strain in his relationship with their children. Especially since both of them were placing the blame on him. And he couldn't rebuke them since they were right in blaming him.

I just hope this Christmas would be different. Therese...

"Noah, kamusta na? It's been awhile na, ah. Kamusta na kayo ni Scarlett? Niligawan mo na ba? Ano, kayo na ba? Ha?" he teased as he looked at his son through the rearview mirror.

"Dad," Noah softly chided, frowning at him. "Scarlett and I are not together. We're just friends. And the last time we saw each other was during Lolo's wake pa."