The Baron

Originally posted in I, Ache as part of the Historical Erotica issue we published.  

There is a HUGE possibility that I might continue this into a multi-chapter fic depending on reception.  Similar to what happened with Train.  But for now, I'm placing this in here for everyone to enjoy.  

Let me know your thoughts and comments on this.  I'm at @wuthie16 over at Twitter.  I'd love to be your friend.  :)

Thank you always for reading! :D

//

"You will be sent to live with your godfather. Be good over there, please," the matron of the orphanage where she was staying for the last two years told her. "Nicomaine, are you listening to me?!"

Nicomaine jumped just as the carriage they were riding in rode through a pothole. She looked at the matron and blushed, realizing that she was caught daydreaming again. "Yes, Miss. My apologies for not answering immediately," she responded quietly, looking down at her hands on her lap.

"Child," the matron sighed and shook her head, reaching out to hold Nicomaine's hands in hers. "You know that I would have gladly let you stay in the orphanage. But you are almost of age. And soon you would need to be introduced to society. Why, I didn't even know that you have a godfather! Had we known before - then you wouldn't have stayed in the orphanage for that long. You would have grown up as a Lady, most likely married now to a sprightly, young man of importance!"

Nicomaine shrugged, fixing her billowing skirts. "I loved the orphanage. I loved staying there. I really don't care about getting married. Besides, I am still young."

The matron gasped, aghast at what she just heard. "Oh, my child. Oh, my dear child. I do hope that your godfather would be able to teach you the ways of society. Or at least give you a tutor. You have so much to learn."

Nicomaine didn't reply but continued on looking outwards, watching the fields pass them by. Pretty soon, a looming mansion was upon them and she couldn't help the small gasp that escaped her when she saw it. "That's huge," she whispered to herself.

"I heard your godfather is a baron. Granted, it's the lowest member of the nobility, but it must still be something if these large lands and that mansion up ahead indicates anything," the matron continued her idle chatter. "They also say that he never married and never had a family. Rumor has it though that he seems to be a ladies' man. Have you met him before with your parents? I'm surprised that you never mentioned him at all."

"No, I don't remember meeting him," Nicomaine replied as she looked on, the mansion getting closer as they rode up through the massive gate. "I don't remember anything aside from my name after the accident."

"Oh! I'm sorry, child. That was insensitive of me!" the matron apologized, clucking her tongue after. "Never you mind because we are finally here. I'm just really glad that he actually found you and asked that you live with him. You will have a better life here, Nicomaine. I am sure of it."

//

Nicomaine was already dressed down for the night in her nightgown, lying on her bed with her fist in her mouth to prevent her from making any loud sound. She had her feet planted on the bed, legs apart as her other hand made furious circles on her center. She couldn't help but quietly gasp though as she arched her back, neck thrown back as she reached her peak - the baron's name on her lips.

She suddenly opened her eyes, panting, the enormity of what she just did dawning on her.

Oh my god... You just made yourself -- to thoughts of him -- oh, god - NICOMAINE!