Chapter 24: Nostalgia

Vote, Comment, Share, Allat😊👍🏾
_____________________________

Ryan POV

"Girl so you mean to tell me you went to go pick that nigga up from the police station late at night?" Gina asked over the phone. I had her on facetime while I was on my way to rehearsal.

"Girl yes. I ended up spending the night. He wanted to make sure I didn't drive back to the hotel sleepy." I said, adjusting the earphones in my ear.

"Shit, well at least he did something gentleman like." she said, while brushing her teeth in the bathroom. "So what? Y'all fucking now?"

"Girl no." I laughed. "We agreed to put that shit behind us and just move forward as friends."

"Oh friends? Y'all niggas friends now?" she said unclearly because of all the toothpaste in her mouth.

"Attempting to be." I smiled.

"Alright we'll see. What y'all start fucking again come next week." she said while smirking.

"Girl you are too much." I said while looking out the window. Adam had just pulled the car up to the studio. "But I gotta go babe. We just made it to the studio."

"Alright sis. Be careful. And good luck at your meeting!" she said blowing a kiss at the camera then hanging up the phone.

Damn, I missed Gina.  I felt so lonely here in LA.

Don't get me wrong. Esmeralda and Ashley were both cool but we just met. I don't know them like that and they certainly don't know me. Still, I was grateful to have some newly found friends.

My thoughts continued to circle in my mind during rehearsal. I was a little out of it. Chris has us rehearse in groups of two today for a lap dance scene he'd plan to put in the video. Josh was my partner, coincidentally.

We could pick any song we wanted to for the lap dance scene. It didn't have to be 'Hope You Do'. But we could only pick 30 seconds to dance to it.

The partners with the best routine got to use the choreography in Chris's video. Only, Josh really wanted us to win, but I was worried we wouldn't stay partners for the video. Like if we won, I didn't want to be the one to have to give Chris a lap dance in his video, given our history.

More importantly, I was nervous about what my next step would be. If Chris's label doesn't sign me today, what else would I really do? I could stay in LA and pray for my miracle but I wasn't sure.

"Yo, Ryan?" Josh snapped his fingers and snapped me out of my thoughts

"Yeah?" I shook my head back into reality

"I said are you ok?" he asked smiling

"Yeah, I'm good." I lied. "Just...daydreaming."

"Alright just making sure." he said, touching my arm then going back to his group he was rehearsing with for today.

For a while, he made me forget about being nervous about this meeting. When we danced together, I just forgot about everything, especially since we were so close and intimate with the choreography. Needless to say, rehearsal was over before I knew it.

"Alright y'all." Chris announced at the end of rehearsal. "Good work today. We gone pick up tomorrow and the video shoot will be next Thursday, aight?"

Everyone clapped and nodded in agreement and prepared to leave. I splashed a little water on my face with my water bottle and took a deep breath. I had 45 minutes before this meeting started and I was tired, but energetic at the same time.