Chapter 22: Trouble

Vote, Comment, Share, Allat😊👍🏾
_______________________________

Chris POV

I had put Royalty to sleep around 9:30 so I could invite Madison over and try to make up for the day.

When I opened the door for her, she had on this tight ass dress with heels like she expected me to take her out. Immediately, she frowned when she saw I had on some jogging pants with my shirt off.

"So you weren't gonna tell me we were just staying in the house tonight?" she crossed her arms.

"I ain't think I had to." I laughed, admiring her ass in the dress. "But you look good babe."

I smiled at her and she tried so hard to keep her attitude. Eventually that smile cracked.

"Now stop having an attitude. I got a T shirt you can throw on. Let's just chill and watch a movie. We ain't always gotta eat out." I assures her.

"Okay." she nodded and smiled. I quickly ran upstairs to get her a t shirt and one of my basketball shorts and ran back downstairs. She started to strip to change into the clothes I gave her right in front of me.  I bit my lip gently, watching her take off layer by layer.  I pulled her down onto the couch with me and started planting gentle kisses on her neck and she moaned slightly.  We kissed each other passionately and she moaned a little louder.

"Babe, be quiet. RoRo sleeping." I warned, then leaned back to kiss her, but she pulled away.

"I thought she would be with her mama tonight." she frowned.

"She was supposed to, but..." I thought back to earlier. "Long story. I don't want to go into details. Come here." I pulled her closer.

"No, I don't wanna do that with your child upstairs." she shook her head then leaned back. I was a little irritated cause I really wanted some pussy tonight but I shook my head and nodded in response.

We ended up watching a movie in silence. Madison was falling asleep and I pulled up my phone to scroll down my instagram timeline. A particular picture caught my eye.

@ryanbrownn: LA living and whateva😋

I immediately started to reminisce about her. I still can't stop thinking about how guilty it made me feel doing her like I did. I could've at least stayed friends with her. I commented under her picture

@chrisbrownofficial:  😋😘

Just then, Madison woke up and turned over to face me. She snatched my phone and threw it across the room once she saw my comment.

"Aye, man. Chill out!" I said assertively and walked across the room to pick up my phone that was damn near cracked cause Madison threw it.

"You used to fuck with her but I NEED TO CHILL OUT?" she said angrily.

"Shut the fuck up. I told you Royalty was sleeping" I said getting close to her

"Chris I'm so tired of this. All you do is lie. Why you commenting on her shit anyways."

"I can comment on whoever shit I want to. She's an old friend. All them shits were just rumors." I lied.

"Rumors?" she rolled her eyes. "Yeah right. You probably fucked her."

"Madison, I'm sick of your bullshit. Always got an attitude. Always wanna argue. You ungrateful." I said pointing my finger to her forehead.

"No, you just always cheating. I'm done, Chris." she said grabbing her purse and heading to the door.

"Go then!" I said walking behind her, getting ready to lock the door.

"And you can keep my clothes as a goddamn souvenir." I said slamming the door behind her.

I let myself calm down and take deep breaths before I did anything further.

"Fuck man!" I said out loud.  Just then, the doorbell rang again. What the fuck she want now?

"Daddy?" I heard Royalty's small voice behind me. My face immediately relaxed as I turned around to see her standing in her pajamas with her barbie doll in her hand.

"Baby i'm sorry did I wake you?" I asked, picking her up

She shook her head no, "I had a bad dream"

The door rattled and the doorbell rang again. I gotta deal with Madison first. I set Royalty by the stairs.

"Go to your room baby. Ima be up in a minute to help you fall asleep."

"Ok daddy" she said walking back up the stairs. The door rattled again and I got pissed off.

"The fuck is you doing banging on my door like that?!" I swung the door open ready to cuss Madison out. But it wasn't Madison. It was the police.

"Mr. Brown?" one of them asked me. It was like 5 police at once and I was super confused.

"We have to take you down to the station." the other said, grabbing my arm. I immediately snatched away.

"Hell no. I ain't do shit. And my daughter upstairs. Y'all picked the wrong night." I said backing up.

"Mr. Brown, we're here in regard to your violated parenting time with your daughter. The child's mother has told us you are refusing to give her your daughter." he explained.

"You damn right I'm not giving her my daughter. She ain't been feeding her! I ain't going nowhere until I know where Royalty is going and before I get my lawyer on the phone." I said angrily. I can't believe Nia pulled this shit.

"Mr. Brown, please come with us to the station. Your daughter can he escorted with you." the police officer said.

As pissed as I was, I knew how this would turn out if I refused to go. I sighed in defeat and turned around so they could handcuff me.
________________________________

11:53PM

By now, my lawyer came to talk to those dumbass cops. They gave me a minute to see Royalty. She was so scared, I felt horrible for all this shit. But it was Nia's fault!

My lawyer straightened almost everything out, so I could leave as soon as they cleared me.  But Royalty had to go back with Nia. I didn't even look in her direction when she came in the door. I ain't wanna start a scene and have another case on my hand and more importantly, I didn't wanna upset RoRo.

They finally cleared me and I realized I didn't have any way of getting back to the house. I left the house without my phone so I had to use theirs to call somebody to get me.  No phone. No wallet. Nothing. I couldn't call Adam cause he's off for today. I called Red first. No answer.  Then I tried Madison, who actually answered.

"Hello?" she said into the phone.

"Madison, I ain't got time to explain. I need you to come get me from the police station." I said.

"Chris? Oh hell no. Figure it out or ask that bitch that got your attention to get you" she said and hung up with no hesitation. Immediately, I got pissed again and thought. I can't call my mama. It's gone be too much stress on her.  I sat there for a minute in defeat. What the hell is wrong with her?

And who the fuck is going to answer so I can just go home?  I thought one last time and dialed a number I'm surprised I remembered.

"Hey, Ryan. Look I need your help." I said into the phone.