Chapter 17: Wine and Dine

Like, Vote, Comment, Allat😊👍🏾
_______________________________

Ryan POV

I rolled over in my bed and let out a deep sigh after I realized it was 10:55AM and I'd be missing Sociology class right now. On Mondays, I only had two classes and my next one is at 12. Honestly, it would probably be best to just skip both classes today.  I was too tired anyways. Chris dropped me off after we left the studio last night. I was so tired I didn't even shower when I got home. Since I'm not going to class today, I might as well do it now.

I took my time showering. I washed my hair and just let it air dry into this big curly fro. Then I cleaned my room thoroughly and got organized. Now, it was noon and my phone dinged from a text from Chris.

Chris B: Wyd today ma?

Me: Nothing. I didn't even go to class. You wore me out🙄

Chris B: Sound like you ready for round 3 then 😏😏😏

Me: Boy bye😂

Chris B: Fr tho. I leave tomorrow morning so lemme take you out to dinner tonight

Me: Ok. Sounds good.

I spent most of my day getting organized and running little errands, just to be productive. I decided to go to Walmart to get a few miscellaneous items for the apartment. As I tossed some lotion and deodorant in my cart, I heard a familiar voice behind me.

"Guess you don't know me now, huh?" I turned my head to see Tray's yellow ass crossing his arms.

"The fuck, Tray? You stalking me now or something?" I rolled my eyes, pushing my cart past him.

"Im asking. You and Chris Brown all boo'd up on social media. So y'all a thing now?" he asked, catching up to me.

"What, are you jealous or something?" I couldn't help but laugh. Even though me and Chris has sex, it's still pretty hysterical that my ex is worried about me and Chris.

"What I got to be jealous of? I know you ain't fucking him." he smirked.

"Mhm." I grinned.

"You moved on fast." he said with a little attitude.

"And you ain't moved on fast enough. Why you so worried about me and who I'm spending my time with?  Don't you have Renai to worry about? " I said, now getting annoyed.

"Cause you know you miss me and you just fooling with him tryna make me jealous." he said seriously. I busted out laughing.

"I got more important shit to worry about other than trying to make you jealous. " I laughed.

"So that's it? You just gone keep messing with him?" he said scratching his head. I pushed my cart past him.

"Goodbye, Tray." I rolled my eyes, heading to the check out area. Honestly it was kinda funny watching him get jealous. He cheated on me multiple times and expected me to forgive him, but as soon I'm having fun with a new nigga, I'm in the wrong. I swear I wish I had never fucked with Tray.

I had got home and settled and spent the afternoon watching Power. It was around 5:30 when my phone vibrated. It was a facetime call from Chris.

"Hello?" I answered. It looked like he was in the bathroom brushing his hair.

"Wassup Ryan? You ready?" he asked

"Um...no. You didn't even tell me where we're going." I said, crossing my arms across my chest and letting my phone rest against the table so he could see me better.

"I told you we was going to dinner. Wear something nice." he said.

"Okay." I said getting up to walk to my room. I examined myself in the mirror, looking through my closet for something cute.

"After dinner, you coming back to the house?" he asked.

"I guess." I said nonchalantly.

"Girl, you are." he said assertively

"Okay fine." I laughed.

"Ima have Adam pick you up and drop you off to the place." he said while setting his phone up in the bathroom, brushing his hair. He had on a nice little button up shirt. "He'll be there in a half hour, aight?"

"Okay. See you then." I smiled and hung up.

It took me about a half hour to get ready. I packed a bag and put on some lipstick before I was just about ready. Just then, the buzzer to our apartment rang. I pushed the talk button to answer.

"Hello?"

"Ms. Brown, I have an Adam here to pick you up." the front desk man, Jeremiah, told me.

"On my way down. Thanks, Jeremiah." I said, pushing the talk button again.

"No problem, Ms. Brown."

I looked in the mirror one last time and adjusted my wig then headed downstairs. I spotted Adam outside and he opened the door for me. We drove smoothly for about 10 minutes before I broke the silence and asked
"Where is he taking me?"

Adam made eye contact with me through the rear view mirror and smiled. "Somewhere nice."

"Hmm." I leaned back in my seat and watched the Atlanta skylights fade into nothing but dots of light as we drove past the city. The drive was a while, I almost fell asleep. But we finally pulled up to a familiar spot on the beach. Then I see Chris leaning against a cute little dinner table resting in the sand of the beach.

Chris and I sat at the table and I couldn't stop blushing

Chris and I sat at the table and I couldn't stop blushing. We ate and laughed over dinner, and I was having a great time.

"So this is how you wine and dine all of your little sidelines, huh?" I said sarcastically, sipping on a glass of moscato. He hit me with the funniest look.

"You really think ima take somebody I call a sideline out like this?" he said crossing his arms.

"No...I guess not." I twisted my lips in deep thought.

"Forreal tho Ryan. Stop acting all insecure. I'm feeling you, don't act like I'm not." he said.

"It's just new to me. You're not a regular ass nigga. You're a celebrity."

"Exactly. So then you should know I'm not like those other lame ass niggas you fucked with."

"I guess." I rolled my eyes.

Chris stared at me for a second, then got up from his chair and pulled me close to his chest. We walked close to the water and he sat in the sand. He pulled me down, halfway on his lap and just held me.

We were there for a while just watching the water and the sky. I turned my head behind us to find only Chris's car sitting in the parking lot. Adam must've left a while ago.

"You ready to go back?" He asked me, catching my gaze. I nodded.

We drove the car back to Chris's rented house while bumping some old school music. Halfway through the drive, I felt my eyelids getting heavy and Chris's hand on my thigh, as I drifted off to sleep.