Chapter 18: Say Goodbye

Vote, Comment, Share, Allat😊👍🏾
I mean it lol
_____________________________
Ryan POV

I woke up again, laying under Chris. I leaned over to check my phone. 10AM. Part of me was sad because I knew Chris was leaving today, and I'd see him for the next few hours and we'd barely speak again.

I can get attached so easily sometimes but I wasn't letting this happen with Chris.  Like I'm not stupid. I'd be in Atlanta, and he'd go back to LA and pull this weekend fantasy on a different girl. Only for me it was different because my face was all over social yesterday and the day before that. Other girls that Chris fucked with didn't get the same "clout" that I got, even if I didn't want it.

But in a way, I'm glad. I had a nice time with him. It felt real. If anything, I hope we stay friends.

Chris tossed around in bed and snapped me out my thoughts.  I got out of bed and walked over to the bathroom to examine myself. I was wearing one of his long black t-shirts and my panties. I looked at my messily placed hair and took a long sigh. Then I thought back to the events of last night and it made me smile.

The dinner, the beach, coming back to his house and of course, having sex for hours. We didn't even take a break until 2AM. That's when we fell asleep.

I snapped back out my thoughts and quickly washed my face and gargled some mouthwash. I opened the door that led me back to the bedroom and heard Chris talking on the phone. His back was turned so he didn't even see I was standing in the doorway.

"Yeah, no I leave around 5..." he said into the phone. I stayed where I was standing, listening.

"Yeah, Ima see you tonight, don't worry. Definitely. We gotta catch up. I miss you girl." he said rolling over to catch eye contact with me, and quickly said into the phone "I'll talk to you later."

I was a little confused, but it really wasn't my business. I got back into bed and pulled my phone off the nightstand.

"Goodmorning beautiful." he said, kissing my cheek. I gave a little nod and smiled.

"Don't be like that." he said sitting up.

"Like what?" I asked

"All irritated. That was just my friend, Alexis, on the phone. Remember she was here at the party the other night." Chris explained.

"You don't have to explain yourself." I said sitting up to look at him. "Seriously. You don't owe me any loyalty."

Chris shook his head. "Ryan, it's not like that. I'm feeling you, Ryan. I'm not gone let a misunderstanding ruin that."

"Chris," I took a deep breath and let out a low chuckle. "You're single. I'm single. We're just having fun. I'm not stupid like you'll go back to LA, Ill be here. It is what it is."

And I was serious. It really is what it is. Chris looked at me, his expression was unreadable.

"What if you move to LA after you graduate?" he blurted out. I stood there in shock.

"...Move...to LA." I repeated.

"Yeah, seriously." he said pulling me onto his lap, so I could look him in the eyes. "After you graduate, I'm sure my label will want to sign you.  Your career would be in LA. And I can see you more."

"I just...." I pressed my fingers to my temples. "I can't just leave. I have Gina and Alonzo."

"Right but didn't you say something about Gina going to med school?  She'll be busy. If she's starting her career, you should too."

I thought. Like actually thought, for a second. "It's not even a guarantee that they'll sign me though Chris. If they don't, I would've moved 2,000 miles away for nothing.

Chris scratched his head, in deep thought. "Tell you what, we'll know for sure if they sign you within the next month. If they do, they'll want you to move there. It'll be easier to set up meetings, record music and whatever else."

I thought, but somehow I knew he was right. They'd want me close if I was signed.

"If they sign me...." I began.

"If...." Chris rested his hands on my lower back, while i still sat on top of him.

"Then i'll consider moving." I said.  Chris grinned, which made me grin. We laughed at the same time.

Chris POV

Me and Ryan spent most of our afternoon just chilling. We watched some movies and just stayed in bed. Before I knew it, my private jet had landed in Atlanta. I had Ryan ride with me and Red to the airport so that Adam could drive her back to her apartment. Adam loaded our bags into the plane and Red lifted his pants before hugging Ryan goodbye.

"It's been real, Ryan. I better see you in LA by the summer." he warned her.

She grinned, then glanced over at me. "No promises," then glanced back at Red "but it was nice meeting you, Red."

"You too, girl." he dabbed her, then hopped up the stairs onto the plane. Ryan looked at me awkwardly and I actually felt myself getting sad.

"I'm not even gonna hold you up." I began, pulling Ryan close to my body. "Ima miss your stubborn ass."

"You'll see me soon. Even if your label doesn't sign me, I'll be in LA the day your album drops." she suggested.

"Right. I didn't even think of that." I said, remembering that Ryan gets paid for her part on my album and will need to sign some shit at the label a little bit before the album drops. Legal shit, to make sure she gets her money.

"Remember what you promised me?" I asked.

"Stay in touch." she nodded. Her big brown eyes blinked back at me.

"Come here." I bit my lip, leaning against the rail for the stairs and pulled her into a kiss. We kissed each other like never before. It was passionate, but subtle. I ain't even pay attention to what was going on around me.

Ryan started to break the kiss, but I wouldn't let her go. Instead, I pulled her into a hug. We stood there hugging each other for what seemed like 2 whole minutes, before Red stepped in the doorway and said

"Can y'all stop being gay? Nigga you gone see her in a couple months."

Ryan busted out laughing then glanced at me again. "He's right. You guys get going."

"I'll see you soon." I gently tilted her chin so she'd look at me.

"See you soon." she said back and quickly pecked my lips. "Now go." she smiled pointing to the entrance to the jet.

I reluctantly got on the jet and looked behind me while the flight attendant lifted the door up. I sat in the closest seat to watch Ryan out the window. She was talking with Adam. Just then, the jet started to take off. Ryan caught eye contact with me and waved one last time. I sat there, keeping my eyes on her before her face disappeared into the pavement while the jet took off.

"Finally. Let's go home." Red said, relaxing into his seat.