Chapter 6: Hope You Do

Vote, Share, Comment, Allat😊👍🏾
________________________________

Ryan POV

"Alright, so I'm gone go
When my mind's fucked up, I just don't care at all
I just hope you pick up when it's 2 or 3
Girl, I'm way too drunk, I just don't care at all
I just hope you pick up when it's 2 or 3

Then y'all gone say 'And I hope you do, do, do, do, do, do' for the first part, alright? Y'all gone do it like 4/5 times. I'll have y'all do different parts of it. Aight?" Chris sang to us so we knew how the melody went. Tiffany and Jaimie nodded in agreement, but I was irritated. I didn't wanna sing backup. I wanted a duet. I agreed though.

"Alright, Chris, playback." his producer started the song.

Chris had a really smooth voice on this song. He hit every note perfectly. As much hate as the media gave him, he was talented.

He stopped the music. "Ok, Jessica?" he directed his attention to Jaimie.

"Jaimie." she corrected politely.

"Right. You do the first run through, ok? Then Tiffany, then Ryan? Aight?"

We all nodded in agreement even though I was still irritated. Jaimie and Tiffany went through it pretty well. It was a basic ass note. Anyone could do it.

"And I hope you do, do, do, do" I sung.

"Yeah that was it!" Chris complemented and stopped the music again.

We ended up recording and practicing for about two hours. By 4:00, everything was ready. Chris, Tiffany, Jaimie, Mike & I met on the other side of the glass to talk.

"Thank you everybody for the work y'all put in. Especially my mans, Mike. I appreciate it, man."

Chris shook Mike's hand. "This what I do, bruh." Mike laughed.

"As for y'all three," Chris directed his attention to me, Tiffany & Jaimie "my manager will stay in contact with you guys in case we record something else or to discuss your cut in the song. Thank y'all for the help and good luck."

"Thank you so much, Chris!" Jaimie smiled and hugged him out of nowhere. Chris gave her a funny look when she wasn't looking. I tried so hard not to laugh, but my face said it all.

"Yeah. Thanks Chris!" Tiffany joined in, hugging him slightly.

"Yeah, we appreciate it." I agreed, but stayed where I was sitting.

"Nah, thank y'all. I'll catch y'all later. " he smiled, but stepped back so they would let him go. I grabbed my purse and looked around for the nearest bathroom. I had to pee or I was gonna burst. I used it and washed my hands. I looked in the mirror and fixed my lipstick and wig.

As I headed out the bathroom, I noticed I couldn't find my phone anywhere. That's when I realized I must've left it on the chair in the room we recorded in.

I retraced my steps back to the studio. The door was unlocked. I went inside and there it was. Right where I left it. I directed my attention to Mike and Chris, who were clearly in the middle of a conversation that I was interrupting.

"Sorry." I said stupidly. "I left my phone."

"No worries." Mike shrugged. Chris hopped out his seat, getting closer to me.

"Where you about to go?" he asked flirtatiously. I could feel myself blushing but I just laughed it off.

"Probably something to eat then go home. Why?" I laughed again.

"Just wondering." he shrugged while smiling to reveal his perfectly aligned teeth.  I smiled back trying to avoid blushing again.

"Well thanks again for today. I appreciate it."

"You're welcome." Mike raises his arm saying bye as I proceeded to the door.

"Hold up." Chris said as I turn around to direct my attention to him. "Lemme see ya phone. You should prolly save my number so I can give you the address to the listening party."

"Listening party?" I asked, but handed him my phone

"Yeah like once the song is done, we always have a listening party. It should probably be next Friday or Saturday. I know them emails are easy to miss and get annoying so it might be easier if I just text you the address, you know?" Chris said calling his phone and saving both our names in it.

"Oh ok. So Jaimie and Tiffany know about it too?" I asked as he handed my phone back.

"Y-Yeah." he stuttered. I grinned. It was kinda obvious he was just looking for a reason to save my number, but I wasn't complaining.

"Alright then." I felt myself smiling. I headed to the door.

"I hope to see you at the listening party Ryan." Chris said while leaning against the wall, near Mike again.

"Hope you do." I smiled again, waving bye and shutting the door behind me.