Chapter 32

Riley’s P.O.V.

"So Riley, are you ready to have the best night of your life?" Harry asked me.

I smiled, as I looked out the window.

"I do want to have at least one good night. This whole week has been hectic. Like I told Caroline. I wanna be able to laugh, I want to smile the way I used to. I want to have at least one day, where I don't cry anymore. I want everything to go back to normal." I sighed as Harry pulled into a parking lot.

He held my hand.

"I know Riley. Thats why I'm taking you out tonight. We're going to have so much fun. Just think about us...not everything else." He said as he kissed my hand. I smiled.

"Come on" he said softly.

I got out the car, and followed him outside.

"Harry, I thought we were going to Scarlet's Fever?" I asked we walked towards the sand.

"We were, but Zayn told me how peaceful you felt at the beach, so I decided to do something special"

He held my hand as we walked towards a table. It was absolutely breath taking. There was a table, with a candle, and flowers. Pink roses, my favorite. The sun was slowly setting. There were two plates of food on the table.

"Riley, I did something that I know you would kill me for, but I know on the inside, it would make you happy."

He led me to the table.

"Harry, what are you talking about?" I asked.

"Harry helped me get you to go on a date with me. Riley Phoebe Michaels, will you go on a date with me?"

I turned around to see Zayn, standing behind us. Tears started to form in my eyes. I put my hand over my mouth. I was speechless. All this time, when I thought that Harry had feelings for me, it was really Zayn.

"Yes Zayn" I said through the tears.

"Thank you Harry, for everything. I'm forever in your debt my friend" Zayn said to Harry.

Harry being who he is, wiped fake tears from his eyes. I laughed at his humor. Harry waved goodbye, and made his way to the car. It was just Zayn and me. Me and Zayn.

"Would you like to eat?" He asked.

"Well, I am a bit hungry" I teased.

He pulled out the chair for me to sit. I sat down, and he followed.

"So what's on the menu tonight Zayn?" I asked.

"Well Miss Michaels, we have shrimp scampi, made by one Harold J. Simon. (Harry)" He said as he pulled the cover off of the plates, revealing the delicious food

20 minutes later…

"So Riley, how do you deal with all the drama?" Zayn asked as he took a sip of his drink.

I guess now would be a good time to tell Zayn about my cutting past.

"Remember on the camping trip, I asked Harry what he wanted to be when he grew up, and he said painter?" I asked him.

He nodded.

"Well, I guess that you can call me a painter. When I was in London, I used to cut on my arms, and legs. Have you ever heard the quote, 'she paints a lovely picture but here's the shocking twist. The paintbrush is a razor and the canvas is her wrist.'?" I asked him

He shook his head no.

"Well, I would paint these pictures on my body. I would just get so overwhelmed, so angry. I would see that small piece of glass on the floor, and would grab it. Once I got ahold of it, there was no letting go. I'll be honest, it does feel good to bleed out your demons. I was broken, shattered, torn, unhappy. I was dying. I was losing touch with me...with the real me. I have to regain me back. If it means taking away almost everyone in my life, including my mother...then so be it." I said.