Chapter 1

Riley's P.O.V.

"Ri...wake up", my older brother Ben whispered in my ear. I pulled the blanket over my head, hoping that he would go away. Unfortunately, he didn't. Ben pulled the blanket off of my bed.

"Benjamin!" I yelled.

"Riley wake up, and get ready for school." He laughed, as he walked out.

I rolled out of my bed and walked to my bathroom. There was a knock at the door.

"Riley, I'm leaving. Mom is home, so...yeah have fun!" Ben said.

"Whatever. Love you!" I yelled.

"Love you too!" He yelled back.

Ben may be annoying, but he’s basically my best friend; he’s funny and goofy.

I took a shower and put on my Paramore shirt with a pair of black jeans and converses. I put on some eyeliner, and lipgloss, and let my hair down. I grabbed my bag and walked downstairs. Mother was in the kitchen.

"Good morning sweetheart", she smiled. I looked at her, in disgust.

"Really mother. Why do you always act like everything is all good and dandy between us?" I asked.

"Riley, I am trying my best to fix our relationship. Why won't you just forgive me?"

She started to cry. I rolled my eyes, and walked out to my car.

Anyone could tell that my mother and I didn’t have the best relationship. She cheated on my father with his brother. Since that day, Ben and I haven't seen or heard from him. He left us $20,000 and never came back. Now my mother is never home. She is either working, or at the bar drinking her troubles away. I'm pretty sure my dad fled back to London where we had moved from recently.

Ben at least has somewhere to escape to. He works at Hollister in the L.A. Mall. All I do is go to school, come home, and do my homework. I’m the one that gets stuck at home with mother.

The school year just started and I don’t have any friends yet. None of the girls like me because all of the guys pay attention to me. One guy said that my British accent is hot. Weirdos. All of my teachers love me, because I always do my work. I guess you can call me a nerd.

As I arrived to the school, there were barely any students here. I looked at the clock. 8:15 am. I had at least 15 minutes until school started. So I sat back, and read my book.

Zayn's P.O.V.

I got out of the shower and put my black v-neck on with a pair of blue jeans. I brushed my hair to the side and headed downstairs to the kitchen. I saw my mother eating and Maria, the maid, cooking.

"Good morning Zayn." she smiled.

My mother was always happy. No matter what you do or what happens, she never gets angry. I gave her a kiss on her cheek.

"Good morning Susie, Zayn, Maria", my dad said as he walked into the kitchen.

"Hello Mr. Jacobs." Maria said flirtatiously. Dad winked at her. Talk about creepy.

I sat down at the table and started eating my food while my dad did the same.

"Zayn, are you going out tonight?", mom asked, while sipping her coffee.

I shrugged. "I guess. I'll probably go out with Niall and Harry." I said. Harry and Niall were like brothers to me. We grew up together.

"Well in that case, here", Dad handed me $100.

My family is very rich. I always get these types of things. I took the money, grabbed my car keys, and left to head to school.