Chapter 26

Riley’s  P.O.V.

Zayn grabbed my hand. He opened the door, and we walked inside. As we walked down the aisle, everyone was staring and whispering. I heard things like

“That’s the sister”, “She must be devastated”, “Where is she going to stay?”

Zayn must have noticed that I was concentrating on the people.

“Don’t worry about them, just worry about making it to the front.” He whispered.

We finally reached the casket. Zayn stood behind me.

“Do you want to say anything?” He asked quietly.

“Just give me a minute” I said softly. I kneeled down.

“Ben, where were you going? Why couldn’t you just stay home? How am I going to live without you? Where am I going to go? I’m sorry that I wasn’t there to tell you to stay home. I’m sorry that I left.” I cried.

Zayn came over and picked me up. He brought me to my seat.

Zayn’s P.O.V,

Riley needed me. Riley needed someone to hold her.

“ Zayn…” I looked down at her.

“Will you please speak for me?” she asked me. Hell no, I hate speaking in front of crowds.

“Anything for you Riley” I whispered. I’m such a sucker.

“We will now have a word from Riley Michaels” The host announced.

I got up, and walked to the front.

“Hello, everyone. I’m obviously not Riley. My name is Zayn Jacobs, and I am a good friend of Riley. I never met Ben personally, but I know a lot from what Riley has told me. Ben was funny, cool, caring, and respectful. I bet you Riley wouldn’t be here, hell none of you would be here if it wasn’t for Ben. He would sit down and listen to you, even if its at 1:02 in the morning. But what I wanted to tell you is that you have to let him go. He is in a much better place now. I lost my little brother David about 4 years ago. I was 14 years old when he died, I’m 18 now, and still trying to get over it. It makes you bitter, cold, mean. It makes you lose touch with who you were before that person’s death. Thank you and have a nice day” I sat down next to Riley.

After about 2 hours, the funeral was over. Some of Ben’s friends thought that it would be nice to have a post funeral reception. I drove Riley, Niall, Caroline, and Harry to the house. They all got out of the car, leaving Riley and I alone. She held my hand.

“Thank you Zayn, for being there.” she said softly.

“No problem, and just so you know, I didn’t do this in hopes that you would fall for me.” I smiled.

“So you still hate me?” She looked down.

“Riley, I never hated you. I was angry at you for kissing Harry. I thought that you fell for Harry.” I let out a light laugh.

“Zayn...I kinda do.” she mumbled.

I felt like life was going to end right here in the car. I took a deep breath, and tried not to get angry.

“Riley, its alright. It doesn’t really matter. I won’t blame you for your feelings.” I said softly.

I got out the car and made my way to the house. Harry, Niall, and Caroline were talking to three other people. Riley walked over to them.

“Zayn this is Amy, Ben’s girlfriend, Roxanne, Jeff, and Haley, Jeff’s girlfriend,” Riley introduced.

Amy was a redhead, with pale skin, and red lips. She was like a snow white, but with red hair. Roxanne had fiery orange hair, with soft pink lips. Jeff was tall, and had jet black hair. Haley was short, with plain brown hair.