Chapter 12

Zayn's P.O.V.

After we got our ice cream, Riley and I walked along the shoreline. Laughing and talking about numerous things. I kinda thought that she was going to be snobby and rude, but she is actually sweet and funny.

"Its getting late, I don't wanna walk home in the dark." she said, as she looked at her phone. It was 8:51.

"I'll drive you home" I suggested. She shook her head.

"Zayn, I only live a block away." she said.

"Yes, and you are only a girl, who probably can't defend herself, walking all alone at night." I said softly.

I grabbed her hand and dragged her towards my car.

Riley's P.O.V.

He opened the car door, and I got in. Zayn started the car.

"You know Riley, you are not that bad after all" he said.

"I know. " I simply said.

When we arrived at my house, Zayn walked me to my doorstep.

"Thanks, Zayn for a great day. I had so much fun." I said.

"Yea, it got my mind off of everything. I hope that we can do it again." he said softly.

He gave me a hug. We stood there for a moment. Embracing each other's warmth. For that one moment, it felt as though Zayn and I were the only ones in the world. Like all my problems were gone.We pulled apart.

"Well...I'll...Uh see you tomorrow." I said as I unlocked the door.

Zayn smiled, and walked to his car. I got in the house, and smiled. I went upstairs to my bedroom, and got my diary.

May 18, 2014 8:31pm

I thought that today would be the worst day of my life. Let me tell you how my day went. First, Mother left for London, and she is never coming back. I was angry about that. Then, Ben gives me money to go to the mall. I was kinda happy about that. While I'm at the mall, I meet a new girl who goes to my school. Her name is Caroline. It comes to find out that Caroline knows Zayn Jacobs. She agreed to have lunch with them. I was overly nervous. I think that Harry was checking me out. He kept glancing at me, and smiling. Then when I got home, Zayn texted me, asking me to meet him at the beach. I'll be honest, at first I thought that it was a prank. It wasn't. We ended up having a great time. Zayn called me pretty. Then when he dropped me off home, he gave me a hug. We stood there embracing each other. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I can't stop smiling. I feel rather excited.

~Riley

I closed my journal, and got ready for bed.

Zayn's P.O.V.

I got in my car, smiling to myself. I took a big step, hugging her. Nala texted me. I decided to ignore it, wanting to keep Riley in my mind. I arrived home, and saw my dad's stuff all over the ground. My dad was sitting on the porch looking at the stars. I walked up to him and sat down.

"You know son, I'm not proud of my actions" Dad said

"I wouldn't be either if I cheated on a girl I love." I mumbled.

"So that smile on your face, is from Nala?" he asked. I shook my head.

"There is this new girl...Riley Michaels. She is cute and sweet. We didn't do anything. Just hugged." I smiled at the now distant memory.

"Well son, if you don't want to be with Nala, don't break her heart, by being with another woman" he mumbled. I smiled.

"You would know" I said. I got up,and walked inside.

"Mom!" I yelled.

"In the kitchen!" She responded.

"Hello Zayn. I made cookies!" She smiled.

I could tell that through the smile, she was dying. I engulfed her in a hug. She started crying in my arms.

"Zayn, I don't know what to do. I still love him." She cried.

"Mom, don't cry." was all I could manage to say.

"Well, I'm going to go and get some rest. Think things through. Have at it" She pointed to the batch of cookies.

I watched as she moped up the steps.