Chapter 24

Riley’s P.O.V.

Caroline, Harry, Niall and even Zayn took me home. I stayed up, ate ice-cream, cried, and watched t.v. Harry was being such a great friend. He stayed up with me, and watched t.v. with me. He even made jokes to make me smile. I woke up the next morning, my eyes still puffy and red from crying. Harry was asleep on the bottom of the bed. I quietly got up,and walked downstairs. Caroline and Niall were curled up on the couch asleep. I couldn’t find Zayn anywhere. I walked into the kitchen. I sighed. There was a beer bottle on the counter, from Ben.

I let a few tears drop from my eyes. I heard the front door open. It  was Zayn. He walked to the kitchen.

“Hey” he mumbled. I wiped the tears.

“Hey Zayn. You know, no one is forcing you to stay here. You can always leave.” I said. He looked at me.

“Did it ever occur to you that I wanted to stay here to make sure that you would be okay?” he asked.

“Zayn, you clearly said at the cabin, that you hated me. If you hate me so bad, then why in the hell are you still caring about me?” I asked.

“What I said at the cabin, doesn’t really matter anymore. Even though I hate you doesn’t mean that I still don’t have a little bit of feelings for you” He explained.

“Don’t try this Zayn. If you had feelings for me, than you would have acted on them, like Niall did with Caroline, and like Harry has for me !” I yelled.

“You think Harry has feelings for you? Harry is a playboy! He just wants to hit it and quit it!” Zayn yelled back.

“How could you say that about your best friend? Zayn are you that desperate to get a girl that you would even say something like that?!” I stared at him in disbelief.

“I can’t stand being around you!” He yelled, and left.

I turned around, and ran after him.

“I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I BLOODY HATE YOU!” I cried.

I threw my shoe at him, hitting him in the back. I walked back inside to see Caroline looking at me. I ran to her.

“Why me! Why Ben! I have nothing now! No mom, no dad, no brother, and no Zayn! I have no reason to live on this earth anymore!” I cried.

“Riley… its okay. You have me and Niall and Harry. You don’t need Zayn. I promise” She cooed in my ear.

I looked at the family portrait on the wall. Me, dad, Ben, and… her! I got up, and ran to her door. I kicked it open. It looks as if she never left.

“This is all your fault! You did this to me! You brought us here! And now what! I loved you… Ben loved you! And you just leave like that!” I started to knock thing down in rage, “If you would have never brought us here we would have never lost Ben! I would have never lost Ben! I HATE YOU! I BLOODY HATE YOU!”

My rage quickly turned into sadness, as I looked at the mess I made. I fell to the floor and cried. I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. Surprisingly it was Zayn.

“Shh… its okay… I’m right here.” he whispered.

I didn’t have the energy to fight him off. I didn’t care about yesterday, or this morning, only now mattered.