Chapter 28

Riley’s P.O.V.

I walked downstairs with Caroline. She walked into the kitchen. My aunt Jenna, gave me a big bear hug.

“Riley my baby! Oh how big you’ve grown!” she planted several kisses on my cheek.

“Okay...you...are choking me” I gasped. She quickly let me go.

“Ohh, I miss Ben so much. I remember when” She was interrupted, by Niall.

“ Um, excuse me for interrupting, but you have a phone call.” he told me.

“I’m so sorry, but...yea”  I walked away with Niall.

“Who called?” I asked. He smiled.

“No one called, I just didn’t want her to re-open up old wounds” He laughed.

“You’re sinister Niall” I laughed.

I walked into the living room to see Harry and Roxxanne talking. Roxxanne was laughing and blushing. I don’t know why, but I got jealous. I walked over to them.

“Excuse me, Harry, are we still on for our date?” I asked him. Roxxanne looked at Harry confused.

“Yea, of course we are.” He answered.

“Wait, I didn’t know that you and her were dating” Roxxanne smiled.

“Oh we’re not. We are just going as friends” Harry assured her. My heart slightly broke.

I looked at her.

“Yea, just friends”  I said softly.

I looked around. This whole house was filled with people who knew and loved Ben. I was so happy. I went into the kitchen, to get a drink. Zayn was on the phone.

“What do you mean! Why am I just now being told?...You know what, I’m on my way”

He hung up the phone. He turned around, and saw me standing there.

“Zayn...what’s wrong?” I asked.

“Nothing...you okay?” he asked frantically.

“Yea, just hungry.” I sat down at the table.

“There is like a table of food right here...eat.” He rubbed my back.

“I’m lazy. I’ll get to it. Go where you need to go. I’ll be fine. Promise” I sat back in the chair.

“Okay, if you need me call. I won’t be long” He said as he walked out.