116: It's a bad day for the ruffians!

Start from the beginning

There were no sounds from the beasts. They were simply staring at Lea. Whether this was good or bad, Lea decided to ignore them. Slowly striding towards the women who flinched for each of her steps, she couldn't help but lament.

[Are we perhaps causing this fearful aura...?] Mill said. Her voice sounded quite excited. She lived in the forest of Solitario Isle for so long. Her only means of fun then was scaring people off so they wouldn't reach Redfield Town. This sense of superiority, causing people to fear her was very much familiar. It could be said that being mischievous has become her ingrained personality over the years in search of entertainment, out of boredom.

[Even then, this is too much. Poor Lea.] Nill said, trying to comfort the lonely back of Lea.

But the person herself did not mind. Once she reached the wooden carriage, she held the essences in its surroundings and easily lifted the carriage back upright. Several people around couldn't believe their eyes.

"H-How....." Softly muttered by one of the servants.

At this point, the ruffians were slowly recovering. Although there were beasts nearby, they didn't seem keen to interfere for whatever reason. With these ruffians' limited brain power, they assumed they could be courageous once again.

Thus, one of them grabbed Lea's shoulder forcefully, but before his hand could touch her, she was already out of reach in the blink of an eye.

Her soft and calm voice then spoke. "You ought to go now."

As she didn't felt like explaining, just a brief sentence was said. This caused the ruffians to feel aggravated as her words could mean to be looking down on them. They gripped their weapons harder. The hunger consuming them was increasing their impatience. They really wanted to beat these people up now.

Sensing their aggression, Lea decided to end things neatly.

She narrowed her eyes and right away, screams could be heard.

Inside their mind, horrors were being played over and over. This wasn't fun for Lea, but there would be no need for anyone's blood. As their voices grew harsher, the more livid their eyes appeared. 

Within their mind, their skin and insides were slowly being eaten by humans. But they couldn't die, instead, pain seems to linger. The longer they remained in their nightmare, the more violence they experience. They all remained standing as they all screamed in fear and desperation.

Hearing such screams, the women were shaking even more. They were all so pale with fear. Although they couldn't see what these ruffians were seeing and experiencing, just from their shouts, they could imagine horrific images. The young miss arranged her clothes as best as she could, but it was obvious she was livid with fear as well.

Looking at her surroundings, Lea suddenly felt depressed. She didn't want to be the source of fear. Fortunately, she was simply passing by. She sighed as she closed her eyes. She then noticed the still bleeding man.

She crouched at his side and realized he was still alive, but not for long. When she reached for his neck, her hand was slapped away. Lea looked up to see a very scared young miss with tears in her eyes. She must be really scared to the point of tearing up.

Her voice was shaking as she said, "D-don't... t-t-touch.. my f-father!!"

Lea was touched. She smiled a little, but did not say anything. Her ruby eyes expressed a little warmth for a change, which caused the young miss surprise. "After I fix him up, you should leave too. These immoral ruffians will not be able to attack anyone for at least three days."

Her soft voice was so nice to hear that for a second, the young miss was mesmerized. But she snapped right away, her frown deepened. When she saw Lea caressing her father's bloody head, she couldn't slap those hands away anymore. Although there was fear, she also sensed Lea's good will, especially since Lea has only done things in favor for her.

When she looked down, she was surprised at how fast her father was recovering. Then Lea's voice came once again.

"He'll be anemic for some time. Make sure he consumes more food with lots of iron such as spinach. He lost too much blood."

Lea then lifted up the man over her shoulder like a sack of potatoes. The women were bewildered at her strength. Not long after, Lea was gone like the wind.

It was only after some time later did they recover from their stupor.

"....Y-Young miss......." The servants sounded very apologetic, but their young miss could not be bothered.

"Just get the carriage going. We have to reach Lindelbridge city before the banquet. Whatever happened here, we all know what to keep in mind: Nothing happened."

The servants nodded their heads simultaneously. They then collected their things and even took back some that were stolen by the ruffians. The ruffians appeared in a trance still, their mouths agape and their eyes bloodshot. A few of them even begun leaking and some in tears. They had no mind to notice anymore, so the women who were shrieking for their lives just a while ago were free to leave without a hindrance. 

This was an incident that made them even more fearful of travelling without any bodyguards henceforth. But the fact remains simply bodyguards will not do against aggressive gigantic beasts. Although there were a few at the side, but they strangely did not approach...

These beasts remained even after the carriage was gone far away.

Once they sensed Lea was gone, roars begun to cause tremors. These beasts rushed towards the ruffians. And since they were engulfed in their nightmares, they could not possibly see their end. They would never find out how they died, but within themselves, it was perfect compared to being hypnotized into relieving the worst cruelties of humanities inside their head over and over again. It really was their most unfortunate day...

Far down the main road, Lea appeared.

[The beasts made their move.] Nill informed. Her voice coated a bit of lost.

[En. I know.] Lea continued to walk slowly as she talked with the three sisters.

[Just a speculation. Can it be that a person like you who is a bundle of essence be interpreted as a very frightening existence to these beasts?]

[But sis Nill, we all know that beasts are stupid! They were made that way so they can be controlled easily.] Argued Mill, trying to sound very smart.

[Your words could imply that the beasts have become more aware.

[Sis... That's really scary. We shouldn't talk about this anymore. Not anymore!] Her carefree voice sounded very childish and cute. Since none of them could prove the real reason of the strangeness, they all decided to stop their discussion.

Silently, Lea thought about it more critically. 

Essences not only brought about a cheat in this world, but also beasts. Would the beasts cease to exist once there was no longer any essences to assist their lives? At that point, Spirits would also no longer be around. And Lea... can she continue to exist?

If essences were brought into existence due to a certain cause, there must also be a way to a reversal, eliminating their influence to the world.

The more Lea thought about it in the grander aspect, the more hopeful she became without caring about her existence too much. When the point comes when she ceases to exist, then...