Weapon

Thia's POV

My strength slowly began to return over the next three days. The camp moved systematically back towards New York and I couldn't help but drag behind ever so slightly. I was still getting used to my legs again.

The terrain wasn't too difficult and I kept quiet as I trudged on behind the boisterous group. Children scrambled across fallen trees and rocks trying to tag one another. It seemed odd to me that little kids would tag along with a group of warriors who were tying to kill big scary black monsters. They seemed fearless though. As if they were born with the ability to shoot and adventure without care.

The camp was set up on the coast line of the US. We were very close to camp now but it was much easier to see the effects of Chaos here. Nearly half the coast was absorbed in a still darkness and seemed to stretch on forever.

"I thought it was contained. At least part of it." I let my gaze wander even more picking up on animals caught frozen in action. They had been fleeing but couldn't escape. "It shouldn't be roaming free like this! We have to get back."

"We will." Robin smiled in assurance.

"No, I mean now! I have to know what's going on." Every inch of me wanted to smack away his optimistic expression.

"You will, but you cannot go barging into the unknown. You must adapt to the changes within you. I understand you host the spirit of Order. You must explore such powers," Robin encouraged. The truth is, I didn't want to train or do anything of the sort. I was so close to home, so close to my cousins and parents. "Olivia! Come."

His red headed daughter bounded over excitedly seemingly full of never ending energy like her father. "Yeah?"

"We need to train young Thia. You can brush up on your skills." He smiled clapping her on the shoulder. Olivia smirked crossing her arms, her chest puffing out with pride.

"I'm not training." Shaking my head I attempted to move on. Robin sighed and caught my arm.

"You must be ready for what is to come. You must prepare for the unforeseeable." His eyes bore into mine with an intensity as if he truly believed what he was saying was beneficial.

"You want me to train? Fine." Swallowing hard, I tugged my arm free from his hold. "You want to know what happened last time? Ask Leah. Maybe it'll change your mind."

A flicker of doubt flashed across Robin's face but he quickly brushed it away. "No need. Now would you like a weapon? A sword?"

"No." Shaking my head I glanced down at the silver bracelet still on my wrist and felt the cool metal of the collapsible spear in my pocket. Tapping the bracelet the shield expanded with ease and soon a glistening spear was in my free hand. Olivia's eyes widened in surprise.

"Where did ya get those?" She asked.

"Sorry, they're one of a kind. You can thank my parents." She nodded closing her mouth as she unsheathed two long hunting knives. "Still want to play?"

"Well yeah. I don't back down." She smiled charmingly and twirled her blades. "You want first move?"

"I'll follow your lead." Perhaps my tone was hostile but I didn't care too much. Robin stepped alongside his daughter and the two moved nearly in sync. Stepping back I narrowly missed getting cut.

Right, I have a shield. I managed to block the next few strikes and give a weak retaliation. This went on for a while. They pounded and slammed against me. All I could do was make attempts at retaliation.

"Come on! Fight back," Robin encouraged, swiping at my ankles. Grunting, I jumped staggering back on the landing. "You have more in you. Don't hold back."