Pine Trees & Hot Cocoa

Thalia's POV

My remark earned me a glare from Reyna but let's be honest here, was it really that bad of a statement? Then again I could only imagine what I'd do if the love goddess Greek or Roman decided to doll me up in front of everyone. There would definitely be blood. Lots and lots of blood. Not mine of course.

Andy didn't stick around for more than two seconds after he figured out who his cabin mates were. He let out an aggravated growl and stormed off with his fists clenched.

"I wasn't expecting that," Thia admitted. "Now I feel kind of bad. That seriously sucks."

"How so? I mean, having Venus as a parent maybe, but wasn't he worried about not being claimed? I know what that's like. He should be excited." Reyna stared at the spot where the boy had been previously. Piper had immediately gone after him. If anyone knew what that situation was like it was her.

"No, you don't get it," Thia sighed, her eyebrows creasing together.

"Enlighten us," I pleaded, my curiosity getting the best of me.

"His past isn't great. The one thing he's really wanted is affection. Love from his parents. Getting claimed by the love goddess is like salt in the wound. If it's the one thing you really want and that's exactly what your godly parent deals with why didn't they provide it?" Blinking I took a moment to process this information. Maybe I hadn't given the kid enough credit. I knew what it was like having shitty parents.

"A wise point of view," Reyna smiled. Thia pressed her lips into a thin line forming a look of indecision on her face.

"I'm gonna go apologize for giving him a hard time," she sighed, standing and slinging a leg over the bench. "I'll be back soon, I promise."

"You know you should probably apologize too." Reyna looked pointedly at mad as Thia walked off.

"I will most certainly not. Every boy is a potential threat Reyna. It is my duty to scare them. I take my job very seriously." Reyna rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"Babe, she's gonna hate you if you keep doing that sort of thing. Whether she likes the boy or not. There is such a thing as just having male friends." Reyna had a point but still. I completely despised the idea of Thia's future dating life. I wasn't entirely sure why but just the mere thought of it made me sick to my stomach. I suppose my biggest fear was her inevitably having her heart broken. The love goddess Greek or Roman was never kind.

"Okay, you're right," I sighed. Reyna gave me a soft look as if she knew something I didn't. "What?"

"I'm not telling you. It's a discussion you and Thia will have to have on your own." Reyna wore a smug expression which only made me slightly irritated.

"I hate it when you're secretive." Grumbling I decided to finally get something to eat. Food always made me feel better.

It was rather quiet now that the little claiming incident had happened but I didn't mind it much. When Reyna and I had first started dating we'd hate the silence but now it wasn't so bad. We didn't really have to talk in order to figure out what the other one was thinking.

Reyna never ate much and she wasn't the type of person to want to stay up late unless she absolutely had to, so I wasn't too surprised when she crawled into my lap like a cat.

"Tired?" I asked, despite already knowing the answer.

"Yeah. Mostly from thinking," Reyna sighed, leaning back against my chest.

"Give me another minute and try not to fall asleep." There had been countless times where I was forced to carry Reyna up to bed because she'd fallen asleep in some weird spot. She nodded but gave a melancholy sounding sigh. "What's wrong?"