Bats

Reyna's POV

Walking into an Amazon base was certainly an experience. Weapons were practically everywhere as dozens of girls sprinted about. It looked to be overall chaos. Many of them were sporting injuries and it was clear that a beating had been taken on their part.

It was like trying to walk through a labyrinth to find the center of what was going on. At last I stumbled upon the main chamber of the base. This was even more chaotic than the tunnels.

At the center of the chaos however, was a round table strewn with maps of the area with a large group of people gathered around it. I spotted a few familiar faces but I couldn't recall any names.

After careful observation I managed to pin point Hylla amongst the ranks. "Hylla."

Her attention shifted from the maps to the direction of where her name had been called. It was almost comical seeing how quickly her expression of intense focus shifted into a smile and her posture turned aloof.

"Nice of you to show up," she grinned, watching me jog over. I was expecting a quick hug but Hylla was always one for surprises. She hugged me tightly, my spine cracking from the pressure. "Man, I've missed you."

"I missed you too. You're in one piece right? Nothing too bad's happened?" I asked pulling back to study her appearance. She rolled her eyes and waved off the questions.

"I'm fine. Now get over here. You're the smart one and I need your help deciding what our next tactical move should be." Those surrounding the maps shifted creating just enough space for me to squeeze in. The maps had dark markers all over its surface.

"I'm assuming this is where the darkness has set in?" By Hylla's conformational nod I shifted to study the lay out. There didn't appear to be any organization what so ever but as I looked closer I spotted an area where the masses seemed to be thicker. "Have you investigated this area?"

"No. None of us have been able to lead a patrol close enough. A...few of the girls got caught in the weird black stuff. Encased them. We're trying to keep a safe distance," Hylla explained, her eyes shifting across the map.

"A strong electrical current should free them. It worked for Grover and I. Do you have anything strong enough to mimic lightning?" Hylla frowned in thought for a moment before turning to the girl closest to her.

"You know the metal rods with the barbed tips?" The girl nodded at her question. "They have an electrical current. Find the harpoon guns. Switch the harpoons out for the rods. We could fire from a safe distance but still give an effective shock."

"Would you like me to have Vivian help? She's the Hepheastus kid here," the girl suggested, Hylla nodded in response as two girls departed from the group to carry out their orders.

"At this point the best bet would be to corral the monsters roaming around in the outskirts and push them to the center here." I pointed at the largest black marker. "Then we fight to keep them there. That's our job. We don't attack unless we have to. We need to keep the threat at bay that way we limit our chances of anyone getting hurt. Understood?"

My eyes settled on the group and they all seemed to be on board with the plan. "Good. Get ready. Grab anyone you need. Hylla, you can separate them into patrols. You know everyone better than I do."

"Copy that." She gave me a small smile as the others were dismissed and joined the chaotic mess that was unfolding. "I heard about the prophecy."