Problem at Hand

Thalia's POV

"I meant to ask you about something," Thia mumbled after a while though I thought she'd fallen asleep.

"Ask away," I sighed.

"What are those pictures of?" Thia sat up giving me a questioning look and it was one I couldn't really ignore.

"I don't really know. Neither does Mom. Grover gave them to her and that's pretty much all I know," I admitted.

"Do you think it's something important?" Thia asked, getting the same curious spark in her eyes as Reyna.

"Probably not, but if it is I'll find out about it. It's not anything to really worry about." At least not until I knew more about what it was that was going on.

"If you say so," Thia shrugged. "Probably some irritated nature god."

"That's what I thought," I smiled.

"Further proof that we share the same brain," Thia laughed. "Also I had another question."

"Go on."

"It's more of asking for advice," Thia explained.

"What? Do you doubt my advice giving capabilities?" I asked, pretending to be offended. "I'm hurt."

"No no." Thia hugged me quickly. "But its serious so no joking."

"Yeah okay got it. I'm still waiting for your question," I reminded. Thia nodded seeming to think for a moment.

"If there's someone whose kind of different and you're not sure what to make of them, like they can be rude but kind of nice, what should you do?" Thia asked after some careful thought.

"That depends on how rude they are," I answered.

"Well, not that rude just in some occasions, and they can also be annoying," Thia added.

"I guess the real question is, is it someone you want to be friends with or get rid of?" And by 'get rid of' I didn't mean eliminating the person from the face of the earth.

"Friends I think." Thia frowned not seeming certain of her answer.

"Saying, 'friends I think' leads me to believe that whoever it is that's rude and annoying you should talk to. Try and sort out your differences." It was the best advice I could give at the moment considering the vague information.

"Okay.Thanks." Thia paused for a moment. "I'm gonna go do what you said."

"Fine by me but I suggest getting out of your pajamas first. I think you're cute but I'm allowed to. Other people? Not allowed to." Just the idea of Thia at some point having a significant other made my skin crawl.

"Yeah. Okay," Thia laughed, rolling her eyes. She got up and left to go change. She thought I was kidding. How adorable.

Figuring I couldn't lounge around all day and had to do something I got up and got dressed as well. I didn't really have a plan for the day I typically just went with the flow of things.

Although, I did know one thing. Reyna had told me she was filling in for a history teacher today and I had an idea. It was almost enough to make me laugh.

Thia left before I was finished getting ready so I was the last one out of the house. Hopping down the steps I walked along the streets enjoying the rather nice weather. The sun wasn't too harsh and there was a slight breeze and a good thick covering of clouds to top it off. The building wasn't hard to find. It was pretty big considering it had to hold all of the kids once they reached a certain age and school became a requirement. Not to mention there were dozens of afternoon classes for older kids and the rest of the day was filled with training activities.